Contribute
Register

Native OS X supported HBA/RAID card with SMART data passthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Zotac H77ITX-A-E / ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i7-3770, i3-3225
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using an ATTO H308 in my file server (8 SATA via 2x mini-SAS breakout cables) at the moment, but it doesn't provide SMART data passthough. I'd like to keep an eye on the SMART data for all my drives, not just the ones connected through the onboard SATA ports.

Anyone has experience with a card that's natively supported in OS X, supports IT firmware (pure HBA, no RAID) and allows SMART data passthrough?

I'm using an ATTO H308 in my file server (8 SATA via 2x mini-SAS breakout cables) at the moment, but it doesn't provide SMART data passthough. I'd like to keep an eye on the SMART data for all my drives, not just the ones connected through the onboard SATA ports.

Anyone has experience with a card that's natively supported in OS X, supports IT firmware (pure HBA, no RAID) and allows SMART data passthrough?

There are many HBA and RAID options available for Mac OS X (if you end up with a RAID card, you don't have to use the RAID, of course). Here's a site that has most of them: http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/?N...=6963&N2=6963&Ntt=Hard+Drive+Controller+Cards.

The NewerTech MAXPower RAID mini-SAS 6G-1e1i and the HighPoint Technologies RocketRAID 4322 both support SMART.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back