Contribute
Register

My Spin on tonymacx86 Build: Sandy Bridge CustoMac Mini 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see there's an F3 DSDT in the DSDT Database. But I'm also a bit hesitant to update my BIOS from F2. I was wondering if you could revert back to an older BIOS after Updating?

Good Luck!

Yes, you can go back to an earlier version using the same procedure to upgrade. I did it just the other day.

Just a quick clarification: Would you say it's best to update your DSDT file by once again:

Method #1
1. Running MultiBeast, but this time have the new/updated DSDT file on the desktop that matches the firmware version I'm about to install?
2. Reboot, go into BIOS, and update to new rev
3. Reboot & allow machine to come back up (hopefully) :)

OR....
Method #2 - Should I
1. Move and rename my current DSDT file from /Extras to somewhere else.
2. Rename the newly downloaded DSDT file from (for example): DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3-F8.aml to DSDT.aml
3. Manually copy it to the /Extras folder
4. Reboot and reflash BIOS
5. Reboot and cross fingers?

THANKS!!

Stork said:
Yes, you can go back to an earlier version using the same procedure to upgrade. I did it just the other day.

Now the question is ... . What is to be gained by moving to the F3 Bios For GA-H61N-USB3 ... Does it have HDMI Audio? better settings for the Onboard Graphics? More Stable?

Gigabyte typically posts what's new/different at the point of download for each new version. I've not checked it out yet.... But if you want you can check it for yourself...

thanks! will do!

Looks to be support for the next gen of 22Nm Intel CPU support...

BoomR said:
Just a quick clarification: Would you say it's best to update your DSDT file by ...

Method #2 - Should I
1. Move and rename my current DSDT file from /Extras to somewhere else.
2. Rename the newly downloaded DSDT file from (for example): DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3-F8.aml to DSDT.aml
3. Manually copy it to the /Extras folder
4. Reboot and reflash BIOS
5. Reboot and cross fingers?

THANKS!!
I used Method #2. However, I did:

3b: Run Kext Utility to repair appropriate permissions. (See page 10 in the MublitBeast Features document that came in the MulitBeast zip download file.)

Thanks much for confirming & the extras!!

Hi, BoomR,
I am a newbie here. Need help from you if you don't mind.
We have an identical build including the Sony MRW620/U1/181 Card Reader. I can use the USB port of the reader. Unfortunately, when I put a SD or CF card in the slot, there is no response. I am using Lion 10.7.3. My question is do I need to install driver to let it work? If so, where can I find it?
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back