Contribute
Register

My Power Mac G5 To ATX Hackintosh Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never applied any setting to change the way the CPU speed is displayed in any of my builds so what you see is how my installation detects the CPU. All of my builds are Unibeast / Multibeast installations.

In my latest build (a mac pro conversion) I have installed the same CPU as yours and mine is detected as running at 4Ghz which is the default speed of this i7 CPU. It will OC itself to 4.4Ghz if needed but I don't think it will display any overclocked frequency.

See the displayed results for my latest build here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/171682-my-mac-pro-hack.html

I'm tempted to this but I have the ill fortune in that my G5 is in perfect running order and I hate to cut up a fine working machine. Maybe I'll find another unit in not so good condition. :)

Thanks so much for posting this build!

I'd been fantasizing about doing one like this but had no case, then driving home a few days ago, lo and behold, I saw an G5 tower sitting at the end of a driveway in the rain, begging to be claimed.

This is going to be a huge help! Again, thanks for posting!

All the best to you in 2016!

~ MJ
:D:clap::headbang::thumbup:

Thanks so much for posting this build!

I'd been fantasizing about doing one like this but had no case, then driving home a few days ago, lo and behold, I saw an G5 tower sitting at the end of a driveway in the rain, begging to be claimed.

This is going to be a huge help! Again, thanks for posting!

All the best to you in 2016!

~ MJ
:D:clap::headbang::thumbup:

Good luck, and post the results:)

Nice build. I'm doing something very similar to this. I wanted to know instead of 2 92mm fans under the Hard drive tray if It would be possible to fit a 240mm radiator for liquid cooling? (the length should be around 12 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back