Contribute
Register

My Planned Ivy Bridge build

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to flash a patched bios on the asrock too http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread.html
if thats why you dont like asus anymore.
all non-gigabyte boards need either a patched bios, or patched appleintelcpupowermanagement kext.

flashing a patched bios is exactly the same as updating a stock bios. itll be documented in the manual if thats what you have issue with.

the problem with that ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is that as the lan isnt supported, the appstore and icloud wont work (they need ethernet to be present, even if it isnt being used).
an option with that board would be to get a pcie lan card.

Yeh I am getting a pcie LAN card the one in customac

Could you give me a link for the patched bios

As of Last year New Egg didnt deal with aussies, my ex was in america and I ordered some Raid 5 Hot swap drive cages and as I was using a aussie credit card they refused my order. I am guessing this will still be the case as it wasnt that long ago.

ikhan42

No Worries if you are willing to buy from new egg then why not just order the motherboard from amazon they are good with delivery most of the time and I think the prices arent that far off from new egg anyways.

ikhan42

I've decided to get a graphics card not an expensive one just a cheap on under $100 bucks mayb just to play some lite gaming and lite video editing any suggestions?

Any idea how I would install snow leopard on this ivy bridge build

SL's kernel doesn't support IB CPUs...

So ow would I install OSX on my computer as I don't have a Mac or hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back