Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All

I am new to this forum. And this is my first post.

I followed the guid and I now have a hackintosh running 10.6.8 with the following hardware

Dell HD monitor 23 inch

GA X58A UD5 REV 2

Intel i7 970 6 core

Mushkin RAM 1600 MHz 4 GB (is the addition of more RAM straightforward?)

ATI Radeon 5870.

Cooler master silent pro gold 1000 w

LG Blue ray drive

Bose audio

I have a few questions about the startup, I was hoping some body would let me know if thats normal

When I start up the computer it does not start as a original mac would i.e with the apple and spinning wheel, but starts with the boot screen, then goes to "Detecting Drivers: no drivers found" then to "Verifying DMI pool" the iBoot Logo on the top with the apple logo in the center and the progress bar going from the right to left and then finally the familiar white white screen with the apple in the center and the spinning wheel but no sound.(the audio works with itunes)

Is this normal or is there something else that I have to do. Plus the brightness adjustment keys on the apple keyboard does not work.

I have run Multibeast and planning to update to lion tomorrow.

I apologise if this has been a long post.

Any help or advice is appreciated
Thanks

The first screen are normal.

The other screen that are you talking with the progress bars, sound like is booting in safe mode. Do you install lion fianlly?

abelpinate said:
The first screen are normal.

The other screen that are you talking with the progress bars, sound like is booting in safe mode. Do you install lion fianlly?

Thanks for the quick reply.

How to boot in normal mode?

No I did not install Lion yet. want to iron out the little problems first.

It's all normal.
The first messages are from BIOS as it's attempting to locate storage devices and execute the first 446 bytes of the first cylinder of the device it finds. Bytes 447 to 511 are the 64 bytes of your partition or hybrid partition table.
The DMI is the PCIe 4x bus between your chip and it's platform controller hub. It's a dedicated bus that needs to be initialised to download the code from BIOS and execute it on the first core of the first processor.
This bus is used to communicate to all the slow devices like USB, serial, parallel, network etc.
Then you boot and get the boot loader with the count-down.
Then the boot loader finds and executes the mach_kernel and your normal Apple logo appears.
You can shorten this sequence of events by entering BIOS and selecting quick boot.
Then modify the timeout parameter in com.apple.Boot.plist so that you almost do not see the iBoot logo appear.
Finally, you can turn off certain BIOS option ROMs to stop it trying to detect PXE network boot devices, Intel RAID and what else you may have enabled.
All make the boot faster as less screens are seen.
You don't get the Apple "bong" boot sound on a hackintosh. That's only for real Mac's.

tonyjmac said:
It's all normal.
The first messages are from BIOS as it's attempting to locate storage devices and execute the first 446 bytes of the first cylinder of the device it finds. Bytes 447 to 511 are the 64 bytes of your partition or hybrid partition table.
The DMI is the PCIe 4x bus between your chip and it's platform controller hub. It's a dedicated bus that needs to be initialised to download the code from BIOS and execute it on the first core of the first processor.
This bus is used to communicate to all the slow devices like USB, serial, parallel, network etc.
Then you boot and get the boot loader with the count-down.
Then the boot loader finds and executes the mach_kernel and your normal Apple logo appears.
You can shorten this sequence of events by entering BIOS and selecting quick boot.
Then modify the timeout parameter in com.apple.Boot.plist so that you almost do not see the iBoot logo appear.
Finally, you can turn off certain BIOS option ROMs to stop it trying to detect PXE network boot devices, Intel RAID and what else you may have enabled.
All make the boot faster as less screens are seen.
You don't get the Apple "bong" boot sound on a hackintosh. That's only for real Mac's.

Thanks for the brilliant piece of advice, much appreciated.

I tried to log on to the app store to update to Lion, but I keep getting the message "Unable to verify computer. Contact Apple."

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks again

Did you already purchase Lion on one of your other Mac's under the same iTunes account?
Or is this the first time trying to purchase Lion?

What profile did you give your platform? MacPro3,1 or something else?
And did you adjust any other SM ID's?

Perhaps Lion is looking for a profile or SMC component that is not found. Or maybe it's a simple case of the verification server is unavailable at the moment.

It seems Apple have not debugged their app store purchase system fully yet.
For my Macmini 2010 server running 10.6.7, app store said Lion was installed and greyed out when I tried to purchase it.

I'm glad though you are trying to purchase Lion. Keep it legal and keep it clean.
We love Apple and all that they do for the computer industry. £20 for Lion is amazing. Thanks Apple!

tonyjmac said:
Did you already purchase Lion on one of your other Mac's under the same iTunes account?
Or is this the first time trying to purchase Lion?

What profile did you give your platform? MacPro3,1 or something else?
And did you adjust any other SM ID's?

Perhaps Lion is looking for a profile or SMC component that is not found. Or maybe it's a simple case of the verification server is unavailable at the moment.

It seems Apple have not debugged their app store purchase system fully yet.
For my Macmini 2010 server running 10.6.7, app store said Lion was installed and greyed out when I tried to purchase it.

I'm glad though you are trying to purchase Lion. Keep it legal and keep it clean.
We love Apple and all that they do for the computer industry. £20 for Lion is amazing. Thanks Apple!

I have an apple account and Lion is installed on my MacBook. The profile is MacPro 3.1.

Should I be changing that?

woo hoo finally managed to install lion.

but track pad not working

Track pad still not working .
Brightness control button not working.
Now unable to shutdown. If I shut down the screen shuts off but the computer+fans all stay on???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back