Contribute
Register

My logitech trackpad lags. Bluetooth problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got the T651 wireless trackpad and it's really sleek. Sometimes it works great, and a lot of times it doesn't. It lags behind my finger movements and moves in spurts. Is this a problem with the trackpad itself, or do you think it might be a problem with my bluetooth dongle? I might bite the bullet and just buy an apple trackpad on ebay.

I was wondering the same thing. I used to own a Magic Trackpad and it was super responsive, feather touch, smooth and quick. I agree, the Logitech model is a *little* laggy like you say--so I don't think it's your BT. What sold me on the Logitech was not having to swap batteries all the time.

Need to spend more time to config and see if the Logitech is worth keeping.

Have you ever used a Magic Trackpad? They're amazing. However ...they eat batteries like crazy. Best option is getting Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries with a charger if you get one. I'm gonna give this Logitech a few more laps but it's probably ditch city.

Post back if you resolve your problem. I'm interested.

I've decided to return it thanks to amazon's friendly return policy. I bought a Magic Trackpad and the batteries you suggested on eBay, so let's hope this works better. I really liked having the chargeable trackpad next to the solar keyboard and never having to worry about batteries, but this trackpad has just been bad. Sometimes it's fantastic, but half the time it's way more than a little laggy.

I'm using the magic trackpad and am still having the same problem occasionally. The mouse sometimes lags behind me and jumps ahead, making it difficult to use. It's not always like this, but it happens often enough to make me consider using a $5 mouse instead. Do other people have this problem? Could it be that my bluetooth dongle is no good? I bought a new one that was suggested on the buyer's guide.

The other problem I'm having with it is that I can not click on the login screen where you choose the user you want to login as. I have to plug in a mouse, click, and then resume using the trackpad each time I boot up. It only happens at that screen. Any ideas why? If it matters, I bought this trackpad used and the clicking mechanism doesn't work - only tapping.

My Magic Tracpad only lags when it is not getting a strong enough signal. I think it needs to be fairly close to the transceiver. Will probably depend on the battery strength in the trackpad and location and transmit power of the bluetooth device you use.

I have an Apple USB keyboard too and put my bluetooth dongle in one of the USB ports on that. Less than 2 feet between the trackpad/dongle. No lag.

If I place it in my case's front USB ports (about 4 feet away), I get lag issues. Especially if I have a USB drive in one of the ports between the dongle and the trackpad.

I'd try moving the dongle closer and see if that helps with lag. Or temporarily move the trackpad closer just to test. If you can't leave it there permanently, you could get a USB extension cable to get the dongle closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back