Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh, please help (so confused!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re installed everything, and now works perfectly everything...i wouldn't arrive at this point, but it was necessary!

So, now i have another question: I have installed Ubuntu to another hard disk...clover detect it, but when i select ubuntu it doesn't boot up but it stuck at the flashing underscore ("_")

I read your guide, but it talk about chimera/chameleon...and googling I can't find anything. Could you please help me?? :(

P.S. When i installed ubuntu i selected "Device for boot loader installation" the same partition where i installed ubuntu, as your guide says

I haven't worked with Clover and Ubuntu yet. I plan to give it a try soon. I think it is best to install Ubuntu in UEFI mode if using Clover.

hello again, rehab! :)

Thanks to you, now every problem that i got, i resolved by myself XD

But there's another new one: i want to update to osx 10.10 beta, but i don't know how to install this MBR patch (http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4065-osinstallermbrosinstallmpkg-1010dp1/).
I have extracted installESD from the app file of osx 10.10 (in "shared support" folder).
I even extract, from installESD.dmg, the file baseSystem.dmg...but these files are read-only! How can i overwrite the files? The instructions in the link aren't so clear to me :(

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

-and-

This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

-and-

This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

my God, i didn't know that this patch was an illegal one...damn, so sorry, i will delete soon

Last edited by a moderator:
My notebook also have intel i5 450m cpu and radeon 5650m and intel Hd graphics switcable. I install mavericks 10.9 but i could not manage to work graphic card. I have diffrent wifi (mine atheros) and works fine. Also sound card is same and did not work either but my priority is graphic card.

Can you please explain me what did you do to work graphic card.

My notebook also have intel i5 450m cpu and radeon 5650m and intel Hd graphics switcable. I install mavericks 10.9 but i could not manage to work graphic card. I have diffrent wifi (mine atheros) and works fine. Also sound card is same and did not work either but my priority is graphic card.

Can you please explain me what did you do to work graphic card.

instead, if you want to make radeon 5650m works, I have done like that

install clover, set "inject Ati", "inject EDID", "patch VBios" and "load VBios". Than use "Flicker" as framebuffer

instead, if you want to make radeon 5650m works, I have done like that

install clover, set "inject Ati", "inject EDID", "patch VBios" and "load VBios". Than use "Flicker" as framebuffer

Assuming your laptop has the ability to disable Intel and leave only Radeon dedicated...

Assuming your laptop has the ability to disable Intel and leave only Radeon dedicated...

Ehy @RehabMan! :D

I have a problem: since today Yosemite is out, i want to re install my OSX Mavericks on my laptop (yes, i uninstall it). Long story short, now i face this problem: when I'm on the utility disk i can't erase the partition, because i "can't modify partition map"
The partition is a primary (i tried with a logical too, but nothing) and when i click on repair disk, it gives me error. any suggestions? Thank you in advance, you always solved my problems! :D

Ehy @RehabMan! :D

I have a problem: since today Yosemite is out, i want to re install my OSX Mavericks on my laptop (yes, i uninstall it). Long story short, now i face this problem: when I'm on the utility disk i can't erase the partition, because i "can't modify partition map"
The partition is a primary (i tried with a logical too, but nothing) and when i click on repair disk, it gives me error. any suggestions? Thank you in advance, you always solved my problems! :D

Your partition map should be GPT (primary/logical does not apply).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back