Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

I am trying to update my system from Sierra to Mojave (I would't like to loose my Aperture photo library, because of what Mojave seems to be the last version I can install).

To be able to install Mojave I am trying to change with MultiBeast the system ID from 11,1 to 13,2, as otherwise the Mojave download from the apple store is not possible. This failes: "the installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the multiBeast.log Install log for more details". There in no log file generated.

I attach the Multibeast settings file.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Cheers
Klaus

Attachments

• i7sierrav1.mb
    4.3 KB · Views: 38
Hi

I am trying to update my system from Sierra to Mojave (I would't like to loose my Aperture photo library, because of what Mojave seems to be the last version I can install).

To be able to install Mojave I am trying to change with MultiBeast the system ID from 11,1 to 13,2, as otherwise the Mojave download from the apple store is not possible. This failes: "the installer encountered an error that caused the software to fail. Check the multiBeast.log Install log for more details". There in no log file generated.

I attach the Multibeast settings file.

Any idea what might be the problem?

Cheers
Klaus
your GTX 1050 is not supported in Mojave

I forgot: same error message when I leave system ID 11,1, without any change.

I forgot: same error message when I leave system ID 11,1, without any change.
your nvidia is still not supported...

Thank's Feartech.
There was a problem with the driver last year in june, but Nvidia issued an update driver, and it works since then (without driver it worked with a flittering screen). I believe this shouldn't be the reason for the error that reports MultiBeast. Or am I wrong?

Thank's Feartech.
There was a problem with the driver last year in june, but Nvidia issued an update driver, and it works since then (without driver it worked with a flittering screen). I believe this shouldn't be the reason for the error that reports MultiBeast. Or am I wrong?
only wrong if you are trying to install Mojave with an unsupported video card

Here is the clover install log generated when Multibeast fails.

seems to be ok

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 26
Right now I am just running MultiBeast Sierra, just to update the hardware ID to 13.2, to be able to download Mojave. And as Multibeast fails, I am a afraid that even if a update only to High Sierra I will run into problems when I try to run Multibeast for High Sierra. I wouldn't like to get stuck with a broken system

Right now I am just running MultiBeast Sierra, just to update the hardware ID to 13.2, to be able to download Mojave. And as Multibeast fails, I am a afraid that even if a update only to High Sierra I will run into problems when I try to run Multibeast for High Sierra. I wouldn't like to get stuck with a broken system
why not just install High Sierra?

Would be ok, at least for some time (Dropbox has stopped working with Sierra, and for some time it may work with High Sierra, and there are some other apps that have problems with Sierra). But, if MultiBeast fails to run now, I am afraid it will fail to run after updating to High Sierra, and that would be a problem. Without running Multibeast HighSierra the system won't run well.

Back