Contribute
Register

Multibeast problem on 10.6.8...please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
custom
CPU
i5
Graphics
gt610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys.

I just made a fresh install...
Iboot...10.6.3..update to 10.6.8.
When running multibeast 3.8 it tells me that the installation failed...
the user dsdt is on the desktop as always but it doesn´t seem to work.
Tried it anyway and usb is not working, same with network.
tried to add the dsdt manually but no luck...network and usb devices are working after a cold reboot but failing after soft reboot every time.
Last time with the same dsdt file (gigabyte p55a ud3 f11) and multibeast 3.6 and sl 10.6.6 update everything worked.
Anyone has an idea where things went wrong?
Never had issues with the procedure till now and i´m eager to get it working since its the last sl update and pro tools (which is not working good at all under lion).

Thanks in advance guys.

Greetings
Paul

I'm having USB problem just like you are.
usb devices are working after a cold reboot but failing after soft reboot every time.
My system is a H55-usb3, multibeast 3.8. I'm going to put a hard drive in with windows only and see if it is a usb problem. I'll post the results

I just started with a new drive and loaded every thing just as before but i used Iboot 3.1 and multibeast 3.1 and it works everytime. any ideas anyone?

I'm having similar issues with USB not working on a soft reboot. I figure I'd add onto this thread instead of starting an new one, since searches of the board have come up with multiple instances of this occurring but not many with resolutions (at least that work for me).

I had a working Snow Leopard install on one partition. No USB issues. I used the xMove method to install 10.7.2 onto another partitions (from a 3rd "Install" partition). Got Sound and network working fine too. Upon reboot, no USB. This seems to be before even going off a boot partitions, as I'm not able to even get into the bios settings due to the keyboard not working. If I power down and then cold start then everything works fine.

I'd done my original Snow Leopard install using the Easy Beast method, as there wasn't a DSDT file in the database for my version (I had DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3-2.0-F10). When I had the USB problems after the Lion install I updated my bios to the F11 version. I then booted into my Snow Leopard partition and ran Multibeast and just did the User DSTS option, hoping this would address the USB issue. I did this under the SL partition because I'd read somewhere on the board that doing that under the Lion partition and using the newer MultiBeast meant for Lion would mess with the bootloader and cause one me to not be able to boot into one of the partitions.

I'm a noob at this and was wondering, what effects something at a base level that would keep USB from working from the very beginning so I can't even get into bios? Is it the bootloader itself? I'm using Chimera 1.4.1 r877 (from my original SL install). I want to get this fixed but try not to make it where I have to burn down the drives and rebuild everything.

(If I should just start a new thread since this has to do with Lion too, just let me know.)

please dont revive dead/dying threads. but the answer to your problem is either you corrupted your BIOS or blew the usb hubs. boot into windows and if the usb hubs work then reinstall OS X. if they work then, then problem solved. if they dont, go into windows and reinstall your computers BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back