Register

Multibeast 8.0 install failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Here's my configuration:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18.1394 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 15,1

And I just could not get it to install. So I went about removing one by one until I found out that the FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor app were causing the problem. Removed those and installed without issues. No HDMI audio though.
Will you guys be working in a fix for the HWMonitor sensors and app? It was really nice in Yosemite.

Thanks!

PS: Used Multibeast v 8.0.1

Hi,
Here's my configuration:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional HD 4600 HDMI Audio Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins v6.18.1394
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18.1394 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 15,1

And I just could not get it to install. So I went about removing one by one until I found out that the FakeSMC Plugins and HWMonitor app were causing the problem. Removed those and installed without issues. No HDMI audio though.
Will you guys be working in a fix for the HWMonitor sensors and app? It was really nice in Yosemite.

Thanks!

PS: Used Multibeast v 8.0.1

For the HDMI problem, try this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5ov808zn58arkf/HDMI audio for AMD or NVIDIA.zip?dl=0

It worked for me (don't forget to change the audio output device from settings after installing and rebooting)

You can't, you need to backup and restore.

Really? Isn't there a way to format only EFI partition? Maybe once formatted, it could mount and allow installing of the bootloader...

Really? Isn't there a way to format only EFI partition? Maybe once formatted, it could mount and allow installing of the bootloader...
No as the EFI partition is only created when the disk is formatted as GPT.

Additionally Apple has never supported installing OS X on a MBR formatted disk and per the forum rules:

"This site does not condone ... hacked or modified installer of the operating system"

No as the EFI partition is only created when the disk is formatted as GPT.

Additionally Apple has never supported installing OS X on a MBR formatted disk and per the forum rules:

"This site does not condone ... hacked or modified installer of the operating system"

My disk is already GPT, as you can see from the attached image. The 55.42 GB partition is OS X, the 55.57 GB one is Windows.

Attachments

• disklayout.jpg
    disklayout.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 221
my system is Asus P8P67 rev 3.0, I can not let go ALC892, multibeast 8.0.1 intallation fails

El Capitan 10.11.2 (15C50)
Look at the install log for the error.

i have the same problem but when i go to log on console i only get this.

12/31/16 13:33:16 - Starting MultiBeast 8.0.1-20151119
12/31/16 13:33:33 - Mounting EFI
12/31/16 13:33:33 - Installing 'Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150'
12/31/16 13:33:34 - Install of '/Users/Androcci/Downloads/Hackintosh install/MultiBeast - El Capitan Edition/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/Clover-ALC1150.pkg' failed.
'installer: Package name is Clover ALC1150
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.)
'. Exiting.

but i don't know how to get to the more detailed logs. i don't get any option to do so. everything works fine and also i have my EFI partition mounted as well! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back