Contribute
Register

MSI Z77MA-G45 vs GA-Z77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, thanks for allaying my fears. Will stay with the MSI board then, was almost going to cancel the amazon order before it shipped. I also favor it over the gigabyte because it is mATX and not ATX. Only mATX gigabyte on customac list is the B75 and that is more expensive than MSI z77!!! The new GA Z77/H77 mini ITX are just too expensive for me but I would have considered those for smaller form factor. Is there a miniITX board from other non GA companies that are equivalent to z77ma-g45 in terms of ease of install and about as cheap? I am getting the MSI for $65 after rebate.

So no screwing with DSDT then.
Last question is about the kexts, so they seem all contained in multibeast based on kduvernays post. For future updates is it just a matter of updating, then running multibeast with same settings to install kexts? If so I can definitely walk them through that over the phone in future. Any custom stuff is out of the question.

According to samisnakes thread someone was having trouble with a modded 1.5 bios, and samisnakes seemed to say to keep with the 1.4 as well. Kduvernay, you are using modded 1.4 right?

Last question is about the kexts, so they seem all contained in multibeast based on kduvernays post. For future updates is it just a matter of updating, then running multibeast with same settings to install kexts? If so I can definitely walk them through that over the phone in future. Any custom stuff is out of the question.

After updating, run MultiBeast and select only the audio and network kext and install. Then open disk utility and select the drive in the left pane and repair permissions in the right pane. When the app is finished repairing permissions, reboot and you are done until next update.

Thanks for answering all my n00b questions.

@hypermiler

Any news on your efforts? How did the build go? I am about to pull the trigger on the MSI board myself. I'm confident in the non-DSDT solution. I'm running 10.8.2 on two PCs with ASUS P8H67-M Evos with patched bios and no DSDT for about 4 months now with zero issues. Simple install.

The bad Gigabyte reviews steered me as well. The last 2 Gigabyte mobos I bought failed miserably. I've always had good luck with ASUS and MSI.

**EDIT**: I followed kduvernay's mATX article for my MSI Z77MA-G45 | Intel HD 4000 | Intel Core i3 3225 install but with Multibeast 5.2.1 and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to use a DVI monitor cable NOT RGB to avoid hangs on boot!

**EDIT**: I followed kduvernay's mATX article for my MSI Z77MA-G45 | Intel HD 4000 | Intel Core i3 3225 install but with Multibeast 5.2.1 and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to use a DVI monitor cable NOT RGB to avoid hangs on boot!
I'm about to buy parts for my hackintosh and I'm thinking about buying the Z77MA-G45 , which patched bios did you use? 1.4 from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com? And does everything work - also sleep, sound in/out (green/red) and USB 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back