i5 7500
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i got this to work with 1 monitor, but would like to get it to work with 2 or 3

i know that it is not OOB

i am using clover to boot El Capitan GM and use fakeid 0x67B01002 used FBname Radeon and inject ATI "true" this got it to work

tried to read http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303186-how-to-modification-of-amd-fb-clover-injection/ but don't understand it completely.

I hope that some off you can help me, i would like to patch via clover to see if i can get it to work with more than 1 monitor or is it even possible to do when the card is not OOB ??

If i boot with FBname Exmoor i get black screen but can look in via Screen sharing. If i patch Exmoor with my 4 connection to you think that it will work.

Maybe someone can tell or try to patch it for me (patch via clover)

radeon.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-15 at 10.38.18.png
redsock.png

Attachments

• Brian’s Mac.ioreg
    25.8 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
As of today, I'm quite sure that you won't be able to enable more than 1 display at a time, drivers will crash. A patched framebuffer doesn't help there, problem persists.

I've heard that someone enabled output on 2 displays by starting up with 1 display, sleeping the machine, plugging in the display and waking up again. You'd have to repeat this after every restart, so this is no real solution.

Maybe Apple will fix the drivers some day, but my guess is that no Hawaii card will ever make it's way into a real make due to its enormous TDP, so Apple won't put much work into this.

i think i am in luck :)

got it to work with 2 monitor and can have them both plugin at the same time when i boot.

1 hdmi and 1 DVI

using ballad FBname and patch from the InsanelyMac forum:headbang:

Think it'll work with DisplayPort and DVI? I'm getting the same card and wondering how well it'll work in El Cap.

Please try and report back! Or DP and HDMI...

When I get my card in (and when my friend gets his MacBook Pro in), I'll try it. Been waiting a while for a successful Hackintosh on my system with both monitors working.

i think i am in luck :)

got it to work with 2 monitor and can have them both plugin at the same time when i boot.

1 hdmi and 1 DVI

using ballad FBname and patch from the InsanelyMac forum:headbang:

can you tell me what patch you used?

i had this working until i changed cases, i don't know what's different.

Hey TheEdge_

Can you send me the link or the patch form the things you use?

I wanna connect two 1080p monitors as well. One have 144Hz. Does OS X support 144z? o_O

I have the same Graphics card in my Hackintosh

Specs:

i5 4690k
Z97 Asus Pro Gamer
R9 390 MSI 8G
8GB RAM

Do you have installed any extra drivers for the graphics card?

I have sometimes buggy graphics on my safari.

Hey TheEdge_

Can you send me the link or the patch form the things you use?

I wanna connect two 1080p monitors as well. One have 144Hz. Does OS X support 144z? o_O

I have the same Graphics card in my Hackintosh

Specs:

i5 4690k
Z97 Asus Pro Gamer
R9 390 MSI 8G
8GB RAM

Do you have installed any extra drivers for the graphics card?

I have sometimes buggy graphics on my safari.

me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back