1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good afternoon,

I had bought the subject combo in the fall of 2012 for my wife, but due to my job relocation late that year I left the combo collecting dust (including the G4 Quicksilver case). Now that I have more time to build (mod) a computer for her, I am not able to find the Samisnake's BIOS Patch for this motherboard in this site.

Could you please help me understand if I will need the patch on this board, and how to find it? If the patch is no longer needed, will this board able to handle El Capitan using Clover?

Any direction on how to use this combo would help a lot! (save me some $ too... LOL).

Thank you for your time.

John
From IN

Good afternoon,

I had bought the subject combo in the fall of 2012 for my wife, but due to my job relocation late that year I left the combo collecting dust (including the G4 Quicksilver case). Now that I have more time to build (mod) a computer for her, I am not able to find the Samisnake's BIOS Patch for this motherboard in this site.

Could you please help me understand if I will need the patch on this board, and how to find it? If the patch is no longer needed, will this board able to handle El Capitan using Clover?

Any direction on how to use this combo would help a lot! (save me some $ too... LOL).

Thank you for your time.

John
From IN
Locked MSR patch can now be done in Clover on the fly - no need to patch BIOS unless you just want to. I have this board with an i5 3570K working in a build I did for my sister in a Fractal Design Define Mini Silent. She loves it.

Thank you for the reply "Going Bald"!

I Googled "MSR patch Clover" and found some of your posts about Haswell CPUs; you responded: "There is no need to patch the kernel manually when using Clover. It is done automatically with KernelPm=true."

Does this mean
the MSR patch through Clover is done during the installation, or is this something I must do separate? Could you please guide me, as my last successful built was using Sandy Bridge and I gave that one up to my cousin before I moved?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for the reply "Going Bald"!

I Googled "MSR patch Clover" and found some of your posts about Haswell CPUs; you responded: "There is no need to patch the kernel manually when using Clover. It is done automatically with KernelPm=true."

Does this mean
the MSR patch through Clover is done during the installation, or is this something I must do separate? Could you please guide me, as my last successful built was using Sandy Bridge and I gave that one up to my cousin before I moved?

Thank you in advance.
When you install Clover to your HDD/SSD it creates a config.plist. I suggest you delete this one and replace it with the one in the UniBeast USB installer EFI/Clover folder. Towards the bottom of the config.plist in the kernel and kexts to patch area is a set of 4 or 5 kernel patches. This is where you change the <false/> to <true/> to enable the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back