Contribute
Register

MSI H61M-P20 (G3) DSDT or any help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get why that would cause a problem. Maybe try chimera 1.11 before another fresh install.

Hello Again, I am writing from my new fully functional hackintosh :)
I think that one of the issues was chrome, I've followed your guide without installing anything before I managed to boot it from hard drive. Funny thing is. After the update went well and clean and I had a bootable 10.6.8 it no longer used the native graphics controller on my mainboard.
I connected the monitor directly to the Graphics card GT 240 it went smooth.
I've installed it on ssd 60Gb so boot time is insane !
The only thing I am not sure is working is ethernet socket, it looks like undefined in system preferences. It's not an issue for me because I've got working airport already but just letting you know.
Overall working fast and great. With nVidia drivers I am able to manage my resolution in settings although I do get a blue screen after I choose one (like it applied it instantly) but after quick reboot it's all good.

Other than that nothing much to report, all of the software that I need is working perfectly fine. So I guess your dsdt can be safely included in the tonymacx86's spectrum of working devices.
It's a great way to get a cheap mac as well since mine with 8Gb of memory and a second hand GT 240 1Gb graphics cost me only 480$ - That's including SSD and all the accessories - bluetooth, wifi, keyboard and mouse - all except from the monitor.

Anyways I wanted to thank you a lot again. Keep the community alive.

Ok I went to fast, I have no sound at the moment :( It's listed in my mac specs but when I go to the sound settings it does not appear to be functional - it says no sound devices found. It's weird because I know I had audio in 10.6 basic version. I'll look into it.

Last update, sound working after deleting manually the realtek kexts from Extra/Extensions folder I've installed VoodooHDA drivers VoodooHDA-2.7.3.pkg.zip from http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list got kernel panic.
I've run it in safe mode with -x flag and run multibeast - system utilities to repair permissions.
After reboot everything is working great.

I'm glad it all worked. I had a similar blue screen when changing resolutions with my GTS 250. I'm not sure VoodooHDA is a good working solution. People have reported random kernel panics with it. Your board has the ALC887 chipset. For that, do the AppleHDA rollback on multibeast, and then install the custom ALC887 kext included in one of the posts above into the Extra/Extensions folder (NOT THE S/L/E folder). ALC887 works perfectly with this solution on my MSI H61M-P31.

And yes, these H61 boards from MSI allow for some good cheap builds. I built mine for a grand total of $150 using parts from craigslist, and a great deal from Fry's (H61M-P31 + Celeron G530 for 65 bucks after rebate). Snow Leopard works extremely well on this hardware. :)

I find that the voodoo is quite an issue like you've pointed out before. The random kernel panics are quite annoying I must say. But I tried to do it the realtek way as you instructed and no luck there. No idea why...

Just to be certain, did you do the AppleHDA rollback first? Also, the ALC887 kext from multibeast 3.10.1 does not work. You need to use the one I have attached a few posts earlier. You want to unzip that package and dump the .kext file into /Extra/Extensions, rebuild caches/repair permissions in multibeast, and restart. This solution worked like a charm on my H61M-P31.

Unless I screwed up the DSDT...:S. Could you dump the DSDT you're currently using, so that I can quickly take a look at it?

If all else fails, you can always get a USB sound card. :p

yeah no worries but I guess there will be already kexts from multibeast installed - that's not going to be an issue ? I tried putting the kext you posted into the /E/E and S/L/E and so on so on but no luck let me send you a dsdt and we'll see where it gets us :)

Ok here is my dsdt.aml extracted a minute ago.&nbsp;<br>I am not sure but you may be seeing my external sound card - Alpha Lexicon. Just in case. I've also installed the kext according to your previous instructions. Let's see if that's going to change something<br>

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 215
If you post a raw DSDT dump with the latest bios (ahci, hpet selected), I can attempt to patch it for you. I've done something similar with my h61m-p31 with great results. Everything with the exception of sleep and speedstep works.

As for the graphics, its a simple fix. Use the drivers in http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html, and stick to the MacPro3,1 system definition. I also used PCIRootUID=0 I believe. That set up worked perfectly with my GT 210 and GTS 250 on my MSI board. Sound was a little more involved. If you get this far, let me know, and I'll help you with sound then.

Lion nvidia drivers are here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-270.00.00f01-driver.html

Hi sjvintage!
I have h61m-p31 mainboard and AMD 6xxx graphic card, it same your mainboard. Now I install mountain lion 10.8.5. Can you send me your dsdt.aml? If I use your dsdt.aml for my system, I must delete kexts in S/L/E location.
Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back