Contribute
Register

MSI H61M-P20 (G3) DSDT or any help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you boot into a black screen, restart and try the bootflags PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1 at the chimera menu.

I hope this time it's going to work but, I already tried the combo update 10.6.8 with the update helper. Maybe I should add the -x flag just to be sure it passes ok ? I am going to try it just like you said from apple file, but from previous experience this looks like the part where it just breaks. It never completes the update really, it gets the kernel panic just before the end - so the question about restarting after the boot is not really an option.
Anyways I'll get on it and get back to you with the results.
Thanks

A little update.
I successfully managed to update to 10.6.8 - but I still cannot boot from my hard drive. I followed closely your advices concerning multibeast and the nvidia drivers. So far I can only boot to the system from iboot CD unfortunately. I tried PCIRootUID=0 and =1. It blocks at code signing: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=118[GoogleSoftwareUp] clearing CS_VALID
That's in verbose mode...
Interesting thing is that it states no nVidia graphics adapters found ... .
I'll try to look into it. Can you help me with debugging.
Overall it's a success I have the 10.6.8 and that's already a big deal for me.

Let me know what you think
Thanks for your help.

Can you take a picture of the verbose mode output?

Also, can you walk us through exactly what you did. It's very difficult to debug without knowing what steps were already taken (including multibeast options, boot.plist options). From the top, just briefly please...

Hello again,

I've attached the screenshot. As for your request about what I did to get there, I am sorry but I didnt document it that good.
I know I've installed up to 10.6.7 without using multibeast - afterwards, I have included options for nvidia drivers and USB legacy because my USB was not working. other than that... Maybe it would be better to retry again a clean install or clean the kexts and start all over again ?
After following your directions concerning update to 10.6.8 I did the repair permissions and other things just like you posted, step by step. But I do admit that I have included some options from multibeast before, which is where the conflict might be coming from.
I know that it might be difficult for you to give me directions at the moment, so maybe the clean install is the way to go.
Anyways, awaiting your reply.
Thanks a lot for your input

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    354.9 KB · Views: 2,378
Yea it looks like you installed quite a few multibeast options. With multibeast, less is more. Keep the options that you select in multibeast to an absolute minimum. Once you've gotten a working set up, you can install other things. Do a clean install of 10.6, and follow the guide that I posted a little while ago. You don't need to update to 10.6.7 first. You can go straight from 10.6 to 10.6.8 with the combo update, but make sure you follow the guide properly.

Ok Thanks I'll try to do it the way you say. I'll come back with the report.

Ok so I followed closely your guidelines. Managed to successfully update to 10.6.8 and I applied all of the fixes including the dsdt file on the desktop and all. Still no luck with booting it from the hard drive. I also tried using PCIRootUID flags. The screen message is the same as before in verbose mode.
Any ideas about the next step ? Where should I start debugging ?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Interesting. I wonder what's causing the google software update error message if you just did a clean install of snow leopard. I'm wondering if you just did an archive and install of snow leopard as opposed to a full erase and install. Is your hard drive partitioned as GPT and formatted correctly?

What kexts do you have in /Extra/Extensions and what's in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Have you already enabled achi and hpet in bios?

Also post another picture of your verbose mode.

One other thing to try would be upgrade to chimera 1.11 using the standalone installer in the downloads section. I'm not sure if 1.7 included in multibeast 3.10.1 has support for the GT 240. Doesn't it bug you if something doesn't work...

Ok I think I know what may be happening. It may be a long shot but after installing the 10.6 I immediately installed chrome because of the problems I got with safari freezing in the previous install I made. It was rather automatic and I didn't pay attention to it but if it gives back the google update error it may be connected. I'll try again but I can only do it in 2 days. I will get back to you with the results.
I think we might be getting on to something.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back