Contribute
Register

MSI H61M-P20 (G3) DSDT or any help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ubuntu
CPU
Iintel i5 2500k
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT240 1024Mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok let me just give you the overall image of where I am standing at, it's been quite of a pain in order to get it to work. But it's still not perfect.
I am running a hackintosh with the following specs :

Intel i3 2100 2x3,1GHz
Memory 4GB DDR3
Graphical integrated processor intel HD2000
Nvidia GeForce GT240 1024Mb
200 Gb SATA disk
Custom Wifi Card made from broadcom wifi module (works straight out of the box)
monitor : LG W2243S

So this is how it goes.
I haven't been able to find any DSDT specs that I was supposed to load, but I thought I am still going to give it a try anyway.
Started of pretty ok, iboot clean - loaded snow leopard, easy peasy, install went great no fuss at all.
Within 15 minutes my hackintosh was up and running, however - GeForce GT240 is not at all recognized - so the resolution is always 1024x768 which is pretty annoying on a monitor with capacities of HD.
I tried to update to newer versions few times but I only managed to get the 10.6.6. combo pack working straight out of the box. (i used a -v flag and -x flag - which is apparently essential, anyways it worked just fine).
I managed to reboot with iboot and I had my hackintosh 10.6.6 running - any attempts of loading bootloads with multibeast failed at all times (probably because I wasn't using a DSDT file which doesn't exist for MSI H61M-P20 (G3). Other than that the graphic card just stays invisible for the system, it was supposed to be seen out of the box.
If you guys have some creative comments on this one, I will be happy to apply them and come back with a feedback.
I know already that the integrated intel hd2000 card will not work - not supported by the OSX.
One last thing, an advice for all people who have more reason than I do and would read some instead of just jumping on a first moving train.
Apparently there are a lot of golden builds working straight out of the box, stick to those unless you feel really comfortable with geeking around and staying up late.
I have already ordered a new CPU and motherboard and I guess that will get me running just fine. These happen to be the most important components for OS X which is serious compatibility issues.
Anyways if someone managed to go further than os x 10.6.6 on a similar config to mine, give me a shout. I will be trying to install an osX 10.7 straight via USB stick. I will see where that gets me.
Great website by the way - a lot of useful info and a great community !!!

Topic moved from DSDT to Lion Desktop support,

I set the thread here as you will be trying to get into Lion, the exposure here might get you some assistance.

If you post a raw DSDT dump with the latest bios (ahci, hpet selected), I can attempt to patch it for you. I've done something similar with my h61m-p31 with great results. Everything with the exception of sleep and speedstep works.

As for the graphics, its a simple fix. Use the drivers in http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html, and stick to the MacPro3,1 system definition. I also used PCIRootUID=0 I believe. That set up worked perfectly with my GT 210 and GTS 250 on my MSI board. Sound was a little more involved. If you get this far, let me know, and I'll help you with sound then.

Lion nvidia drivers are here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-270.00.00f01-driver.html

First of all thanks for moving me to the lion section.
Right I went straight to check if Nvidia drivers is a go but I need at least 10.6.8 to run it... another problem. Back to square one.
I managed to set the Resolution manually when booting to HD. That's good already. As for the rest I have no idea if I did correctly what you asked me to Sjvintage. I installed DSDT patcher and run it on empty - was that supposed to give the raw results that you were talking about ?
If that's the case then here it is :
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct 4 2008]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

./dsdt_fixed.txt 3420: Acquire (MUT0, 0x0FFF)
Warning 1104 - Possible operator timeout is ignored ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5779: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_0)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5862: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5945: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6028: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6240: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6323: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7393: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5110 - ^ Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7454: Name (_T_0, Zero)
Remark 5110 - ^ Use of compiler reserved name (_T_0)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10682: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (_HID)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10682: Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_HID)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10747: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 10923: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11035: Name (_T_0, Zero)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 11165: Name (_T_1, Zero)
Remark 5110 - Use of compiler reserved name ^ (_T_1)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 11403 lines, 353872 bytes, 4335 keywords
AML Output: ././dsdt.aml - 39332 bytes, 1228 named objects, 3107 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 3 Warnings, 12 Remarks, 38 Optimizations

I must admit that so far it's been a black magic for me I am not a computer noob but - I was somehow assuming it will be easier to install OS X... I guess that Mac would not cost that much if it would be that easy.
Anyways like I said before I am running 10.6.7 - graphics good, wiifi perfect, now the display is ok as well. I haven't run the multibeast yet, so I am booting everytime with my iboot CD.
It would be great if I could make it run lion, because of the native support for GT240 (apparently) but if I can run it smooth and stable on 10.6.8 it's good enough for me.
If that's not the info that you requested (raw DSDT output) please advise on how ot do it.
Anyways thanks for your help.

Just one more thing I tried to upgrade to 10.6.8 with different flags I am sure that there are some of them left but the basics, like -x -f -F with no luck. I also tried to run the Unibeast to install straight 10.7 and even 10.8 no luck what so ever... kernel panic.

Ok I got the aml dump, I hope that's the one - I found a tuto on how to do it and it's attached.
Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• dsdt aml dump.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 195
Hell I know it's annoying but I just realized that my BIOS wasn't updated. I followed the guidelines flashed the BIOS and I am back with the new dsdt file just in case.
Sorry for the hassle.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 186
Here you go. Let me know how it works out for you.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 277
Hi thanks for your help but it's a no go.
I ran multibeast with the dsdt.aml file on the desktop.
I rebooted and after I've restored the permissions but I still can't manage to boot without iboot CD.
Now I am a bit scared to run the 10.6.8 update... if it crashes I'm gonna have to start all over again...

what the hell, I'll run it in safe mode with -x flag, unless you have other ideas that I can try.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Oh oops. Since that DSDT is edited for sandy bridge, it will only work after you have already updated to 10.6.8.

The steps for that are:

Boot into your 10.6 partition with iboot

Run Updatehelper

Restart with iboot, and boot into 10.6 partition

Run 10.6.8 Combo Update. Don't do incremental update in Software Update. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399.
DON'T RESTART!

Run multibeast 3.10.1 with the options shown in my attachment, and DSDT.aml on desktop

Copy the attached org.chameleon.Boot.plist into the /Extra folder on your root folder in your hard drive (make sure it has DSDT.aml in it)

Restart without iboot (from hard drive)

Unzip and copy the attached ALC887 kext into /Extra/Extensions (should already contain FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement)

Install the nvidia drivers for snow leopard: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx-256.02.25f01-driver.html

Repair Permissions

Reboot

Everything with the exception of sleep and speedstep should be working as intended.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-03 at 4.45.32 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-03 at 4.45.32 PM.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,141
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    536 bytes · Views: 396
  • ALC887HDA.kext.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back