Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion - USB 3.0 - Gigabyte UEFI Success! (Sort Of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s. I just tried EHCI Hand-off disabled and xHCI=Auto, but the result is the same: with Windows 7 the read speed is ca 100 MB/sec, whereas in Mountain Lion it tops off at 33 MB/sec ...

I don't know what to say, you're the single person here that can't get it to work...

With the F12 BIOS, I get about 122MB/s using drivers from MB 5.0

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 11.40.40 PM.jpg

Rock solid rapid TimeMachine backups. Only issue is drive ejection errors on either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports on both U1H UEFI & F12 BIOS.

Which drivers did you install from Multibeast 5?
The "USB 3.0 - 3rd party" ?

I didn't install these, since the GA-Z77X-UD3H doesn't have any of the chips it lists and it says it's not compatible with 7 Series boards ....("Enables USB 3.0 ports for systems using the NEC/Renesas D720200, Etron EJ168, or ASMedia ASM1042/1041 controller ONLY. Not compatible with 7 Series LGA 1155 motherboards...")

I didn't install these, since the GA-Z77X-UD3H doesn't have any of the chips it lists and it says it's not compatible with 7 Series boards ....("Enables USB 3.0 ports for systems using the NEC/Renesas D720200, Etron EJ168, or ASMedia ASM1042/1041 controller ONLY. Not compatible with 7 Series LGA 1155 motherboards...")

'USB 3.0 - 3rd Party' since, my motherboard has the Etron chipset (my older P67A-UD3-B3 had NEC/Renesas chipset).

My Time Machine backup device is a Western Digital 3TB Drive (WDBACW0030HBK-NESN)

Once again, PLEASE do NOT install the third party USB 3.0 drivers on 7-series boards (X79 not included) as it'll screw up all your USB ports.
The 7-series boards work OOB, but note that the USB 3.0 ports ONLY work with USB 3.0 device unless you connect a USB 3.0 hub.

I don't know what to say, you're the single person here that can't get it to work...

I should get hold of a second USB 3.0 device to test with -- maybe it's just a fluke of this Verbatim "store n go" that it doesn't reach usb 3.0 speeds under os-x ...

Attachments

• usb3.jpg
    usb3.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 419
I suspect it's because of FAT32. Can you format as HFS Journaled and try?

Thanks for the idea!

Just tried, but unfortunately the result is the same ...

You may want to try another externally powered device.

Yes, I'll order some external USB 3 - Sata enclosure to test with ...

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back