Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed 10.8.3, intalled the 2 kexts from 10.8.2 from post#3 (Saved a backup of AppleHDA.kext, and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to a folder on my desktop, and installed them.)

Everything was smooth, ecxept HDMI-sound did not work.
So I installed just the 10.8.3 from PB installer 6.1b4, and the sound came back via HDMI, Great!

But now, when my 4530s sleeps, the mouse and computer is frozen when I try to wake it up.

Any ideas?

PS: I love you rehab man:)

sinc
slarsah

Not sure what would cause that, but you should try:
- repair permissions (Disk Utility), and Rebuild Caches (Kext Wizard)
and just for good measure:
- do an EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold power 30sec, put everything back

Not sure what would cause that, but you should try:
- repair permissions (Disk Utility), and Rebuild Caches (Kext Wizard)
and just for good measure:
- do an EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold power 30sec, put everything back

It worked!! Been waking and sleeping the pb for the last 20 hours, with no problems. Thanks!

Am I the only one noticing slower boot time after 10.8.3 update? What's interesting is that the hard drive kicks in (as the white LED indicator shows) about ~20 sec after the Apple logo comes up. That wasn't the case with 10.8.2. Nothing suspicious in logs.

Am I the only one noticing slower boot time after 10.8.3 update? What's interesting is that the hard drive kicks in (as the white LED indicator shows) about ~10 sec after the Apple logo comes up. That wasn't the case with 10.8.2. Nothing suspicious in logs.

Have you patched your own DSDT yet?

Obviously. I used your tutorial to do so using maciasl, everything went smoothly.

It is not obvious... that's why I ask. I'd say it is less than 50% chance... Note that if you made any changes to hardware config, BIOS upgrade, sometimes even BIOS settings, you must re-patch.

Boot with "-v" and see if you can see where the hangup is. You could also look at system.log in Console, paying attention to the time stamps of the messages during boot.

10.8.3 boots just as fast as ever here...

I update my 4730s Probook with out problems. I downloaded the combo update, install and then I use the Probook installer 6.1 chose the 10.8.3 and restart and everything works good... Thanks to you all to make this possible for newbies like me.....

I update my 4730s Probook with out problems. I downloaded the combo update, install and then I use the Probook installer 6.1 chose the 10.8.3 and restart and everything works good... Thanks to you all to make this possible for newbies like me.....

seams my bt stop working after update to 10.8.3
and IOath3kfrmwr.kext not loading :(

seams my bt stop working after update to 10.8.3
and IOath3kfrmwr.kext not loading :(

Try cold boot. Remember, by design, IOath3kfrmwr.kext does not load on any kind of warm restart (from OSX or other OS). IOath3kfrmwr.kext only loads on cold start and on wake from sleep.

Has anyone used the 10.8.3 install.app i'm having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back