Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Success. Dual Boot Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help, im trying to install windows on my ssd but it wont work, I've partitioned my ssd to fat and set it to GUID then I took out my osx hd I booted up to windows installed and it won't let me instal says it cant instal unless its NTFS I tried reformatting on the windows installer, but still doesn't instal I'm stuck here

Help, im trying to install windows on my ssd but it wont work, I've partitioned my ssd to fat and set it to GUID then I took out my osx hd I booted up to windows installed and it won't let me instal says it cant instal unless its NTFS I tried reformatting on the windows installer, but still doesn't instal I'm stuck here

Did you:
boot OS X
launch disk utility
select SSD in left pane
click on format
click on single partion
click on options - select GUID
click in name box - give it a name
select MSDOS FAT32
click on format.

When done formatting, shutdown, disconnect OS X drive
boot with Win7 installer
select custom install
click on the SSD in the top pane
click on the partition in the bottom pane
click on advanced button
click on format
when done formatting, click on next button and install.

I did those exact steps, I even did it all over twice, windows says it has to be an NTFS file, I don't know why windows can't format it properly. So I'm still stuck and I've been having trouble finding forums on this issue cause usually this is all u have to do

One thing thoe is that in my disk utility app there's no (ms-dos fat 32) it's just (ms-dos fat) I figure that is (ms-dos fat 32) And it just doesn't add the 32 but its still the same thing, right?

One thing thoe is that in my disk utility app there's no (ms-dos fat 32) it's just (ms-dos fat) I figure that is (ms-dos fat 32) And it just doesn't add the 32 but its still the same thing, right?

Yes, is same thing.

You did these steps:
click on the SSD in the top pane
click on the partition in the bottom pane
click on advanced button
click on format

and the installer insists you do not have Win NTFS format on SSD?

Something you might try - it will take the SSD back to factory state -

In the Disk management screen first delete all the partitions.

Then create a single partition of the whole SSD and quick format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back