Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the work. I have attached my modified 10.8.2 alc892 kext in case anyone else needs it. It switches the Digital Audio Out to use the SPDIF Header instead of the TOSLink. Followed the #7 instructions in the customization tutorial.

Thoose doesnt work for me on my Ml 18.0.2 i have dev id 1e20 what is youre dsdt HDEf entry? or dont u use DSDT?

Not supported in OS X. See Optional Installs /2. Install Line In - http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ in Post #1 of this thread.

Toleda, I did not know it was not supported in OS X. I come from a Windows world.

Thanks Toleda, LineIn, the utility you recommended fit the bill perfectly :)

I already learned to set the iTunes equalizer, but it works for iTunes. Do you know of any free control panel that could be installed for Linear (non parametric) equalizer functions to control the complete audio system?

Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA

4. ALC888_v100001 motherboards - not supported

Hey Toleda !

I was wondering why it is not possible for a alc888 rev 0x100001 to work under Mountain Lion.
My mobo is a gigabyte 945p-ds3. I currently use 10.7.4 and have selected the unified legacy injector and the rollback (and a custom DSDT) from multibeast 4.6.1 to make the sound work. But i remember in the early days (4.5.2) of multibeast for lion, sound on my board used to work with your experimental patched applehda kext, now it doesn't with the 100202 and 100302 being the only choices.

I don't know if i made myself clear enough. What i meant is that from my tests, the last multibeast version that supports my rev. 0x100001 is 4.5.2 which has only a Patched AppleHDA -> ALC888 to choose from. Now since multibeast 4.6.1 for lion, you introduced the option under Patched AppleHDA / ALC888 for a -> legacy 100202 and a -> current 100302. Neither of those two work on my system. Now my plan is to upgrade to a 8xxx nvidia card to be able to boot in 64bit (since i'm currently using a 7xxx series card). Is it possible to not work because i'm currently booting in 32bit mode ? If i install Mountain Lion in a few days how will i be able to make the sound work ? Will i be able to install the Patched AppleHDA/ALC88 and a NON-DSDT HDAEnabler (because Mountain Lion will not work with the classic HDEF edits) from multibeast 4.5.2, since that is the last soulution/combination to work with my sound card ?

I don't know if i made myself clear enough.
You did not understand what I said. I asked you to try the Interim AppleHDA.kext; leave the enabler installed and remove ALC8xxHDA.kext. Reply with result and IOReg. When I have that answer, I will reply to your other questions.

I have installed the Interim_Ivy_Bridge_Lion_AppleHDA and i have sound as i had with the Patched AppleHDA/ALC888 in multibeast 4.5.2 also. If there's something else you would want too see from ioreg please let me know.

Attachments

• rev.jpg
    rev.jpg
    545.1 KB · Views: 275
I have installed the Interim_Ivy_Bridge_Lion_AppleHDA and i have sound as i had with the Patched AppleHDA/ALC888 in multibeast 4.5.2 also. If there's something else you would want too see from ioreg please let me know.
Now you have two choices for audio in ML. If you compare the plists in the Interim AppleHDA, MultiBeast 4.5.2 AppleHDA and MultiBeast 5.2.1 AppleHDA Legacy, they are the same. At your convenience, IORegs with each of the AppleHDAs could be helpful. The point is something changed, likely AppleHDAController binary, resulting in no audio with the 888_v100001 after the MB 4.5.2 version. The 888_v100202 works in all AppleHDAs described. The 888_v100302/Current does not work in any legacy configuration.

To your points, the Nvidia graphcs card has no effect on onboard audio and the two Legacy AppleHDAs work in both 32 bit and 64 bit. MultiBeast 5.2.1 AppleHDA.kext does not support 32 bit. ML audio works with the "classic" dsdt edits, however, the Audio ID changed with ML. The older Audio_IDs are not valid in ML. In other words, the Audio ID was 888 previously and is now 1, the same for all MB supported Realtek ALC8xx codecs. In ML, it is very difficult to install the wrong enabler or make the wrong dsdt edit.

To be clear, to use the legacy AppleHDA.kext in ML, use Audio ID: 888; i.e., HDAEnabler888.kext or dsdt/HDEF/lauout-id: 0x78,0 0x03, 0x00, 0x00.

I can confirm that sound is working on ML with my 0x100001 rev. by selecting the 0x100202 legacy...
THX for the time you took answering my dillemas.

PS:Still the the question remains : Why was it not working with the 0x100002 legacy from MB past 4.5.2 :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back