Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion on Intel DX58SO [FULLY WORKING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using this board since Leopard and currently have it running 10.8.2 with a DSDT. While I'm sure it runs great without a DSDT here's what I did to get this board up and running:

1. Install with UniBeast
2. Download MultiBeast, KextBeast, DSDT.aml (attached below), and toleda's ML Optimized Realtek AppleHDA (ALC 889 kext) from: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/67763-ml-optimized-realtek-applehda-preview-alpha.html
3. Put DSDT.aml and toleda's ALC889HDA kext on the Desktop.
4. Run MultiBeast, with User DSDT option and Drivers > Network > hnak's AppleIntelE1000 driver ONLY
5. Run KextBeast to install ALC889 Audio kext
6. Restart and check to see that audio and Ethernet works. The rear speaker port should be identified as Internal Speakers in the Sound Preference Panel.

*The Mac 3,1 smbios installed by MultiBeast by default should alleviate any memory slot errors
*After updating through System Update, you'll need to reinstall the Audio kext, so keep it handy
*In my case, sleep, shutdown, restart all work great, except that the system will not sleep on its own (not sure why)

*About the DSDT:
---Based on BIOS Rev. 5599
---Standard desktop patches applied + AHCI Orange Icon fix
---HDEF audio patches w/ Audio ID 1

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 507
Iv just do a clear 10.8.2 update , from the apple update utility.Everything works fine.I dont know did my audio card work , because im with external one , but all seems to be ok.

I followed the tutorial on this Thread but only my orange jack from the motherboard outputs sound.

What did I do wrong ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 7.19.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-13 at 7.19.49 PM.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 410
SAFE BOOT ONLY <<< Any help would be much appreciated.

I have installed Mountain Loin on my DX58SO w/bios 5599
Installed using the installation guide (exactly), but I can only boot with safe mode.
I get Kernel panics during boot if I don't safe boot.

Any Ideas?

Intel DX58SO
GTX 470
Not fully working,
of course everything seems fine, graphic speed, i have ssd for os,
but when put to work (rendering in premiere CS6 or Final Cut X) the processor and the gpu are getting hot,
i am afraid to melt them.
Need help with that anyone,
tried a few things surfed for past few weeks but nothing, the fans don't respond to the rising heat.

I am shure that someone knows the fix for that!

Do you have a pack of the various KEXTs and the DSDT that you used to get the machine working...

I have had some problems making this board work...

redrat,

I have an Intel DX58SO (bios 5599) with an XFX Radeon HD 6670 800Mhz 1GB (HD667XZNFQ).

I managed to get everything working by doing patching the DSDT and using the 4 kexts you identified however, I must say it was an extremely painful process to piece together all the little boot flags, workarounds for the video and patches for the HDD to get it to boot and run reasonably well.

I could not find exact name matches for the patches that were listed in the URLs you referenced so I made some guesses.

I wish someone had a step by step guide to follow...would have save me tons of trial and error and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back