Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank for detail info,

I have successfully installed audo drivers, but my front jacks(in cabinet) are not working rest of the back jacks are working fine.

My Pc config:

Realtek ALC-892 (without DSDT)

Please find other detial in signature..

Thanks

I have successfully installed audo drivers, but my front jacks(in cabinet) are not working rest of the back jacks are working fine.
Open System Preferences/Sound/Outputs/Select Internal Speakers. What happens when you connect the headphones to cabinet headphone jack?

Hi Toleda..I have tried Line Out orange/black and check/uncheck Mute but nothing..I cannot still hear the sound..Do u have any idea for my sound..:(
Might be a codec problem. Try:
1. Power down system, pull power plug, push power button several times, let sit two minutes, replace power plug restart and verify audio.
2. Boot Windows or Linux and verify audio.

Hi Toleda. Thanks for your contribution to all things audio. Just wanted to draw your attention to audio-dropping issues I, and some others have experienced with the 887 chipset (in my case). It seems to happen with the edited DSDT method as well as with the Non-DSDT with HdEnabler2 method (either one is required for 3 output ports for 5.1) - with HDEnabler1, I can only achieve Green out (but no audio drop)

I accidentally found that this disappears when plugging the mic cable of my headset into the front mic port. See my post here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/70741-alc898-audio-dropouts-rear-jack-only.html This works for Non-DSDT as well as the DSDT method.

Any thoughts?

Just wanted to draw your attention to audio-dropping issues I, and some others have experienced with the 887 chipset (in my case).

Any thoughts?
If Audio ID: 2 causes an audio drop out problem, use Audio ID:1. There is no explanation why the front mic solves the problem. However, in the troubleshooting tips, there is suggestion with no sound on an audio output to change the input selection and the audio output device will start working.

Toleda

have to admit it is early stages as I am just getting things going after I don't know how many attempts to install ML. But we got there in the end, except... it's now buggered.

Motherboard is MSI P55-GD55, Core i3-550, chipset is an ALC889 (Azalia 1.0 compliant). So far I have gotten away with NOT using a DSDT. After ML install I simply chose (MB 5.1.3-1) No DSDT, 3rd party SATA and rebooted. That worked.
After that Lnx2MAC Realtek 81xx network drivers. That worked too.

Then: via MB, chose ALC889, no DSDT. Installed, rebooted: and then I get no mouse or keyboard (both Apple USB devices).
Unplugging USB keyboard and using front ports or anything results in nothing. Turning on the BT trackpad, also nothing. It's just dead.

After countless reinstalls am I facing another one? (Granted, got loads of experience now).

Luckily, I have ML installed in partition 2 on the hdd I also have Lion installed on, so I can sort of get to the files... It's a testing setup I have come to love. Unfortunately in MB there is no 'sorry, rollback' option for the items, too bad. So should I try remove the appleHDA kext?

The sound card install has given me headaches from Snow Leopard onwards. But eventually in SL and Lion they all worked. Have to admit the sound in SL was better or I THINK it is better and Lion just sounds sharp and off a bit but it makes noise and with what I listen to it doesn't make much difference whether it comes out clean or not.

But I was just wondering whether you have heard anything about this install of the ALC889 kexts to halt the USB stuff, so... there you go. Now you know.
And I definitely know it is this stuff as nothing else was installed. I've learned my lesson in SL and Lion so the sound card is always the last thing I do.

But I was just wondering whether you have heard anything about this install of the ALC889 kexts to halt the USB stuff, so... there you go. Now you know.
And I definitely know it is this stuff as nothing else was installed. I've learned my lesson in SL and Lion so the sound card is always the last thing I do.
AppleHDA.kext is blamed for everything. Actually, it has no effect on anything else. It makes sound when installed properly and provides no sound when it is installed incorrectly. Your USB problems are related to ML, search for legacy USB solutions. Regarding MSI audio, it is likely OS X won't work. When your ML system is stable, install MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC889. If audio doesn't work, see ML: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting.

Toleda,

we're in that thread you are referring to... ??!!

Anyway, when the drivers, like you suggested, are installed, by itself, with nothing else, the system then concurrently freezes at the login screen and no USB devices works anymore. Also they don't work when unplugged and replugged into another outlet or anything. It's just buggered mate.
I guess it will have to be LION for this board. Too bad. Wanted to upgrade the graphics on it and use ML with its new drivers, but that seems out of the question now. A shame really, but not blaming you. I've always had good experiences with MSI.
If you'd like to have a IOREG dump, it probably has to be from within ML right? I may be able to do that but if it can't be done in safe mode, then I'd need to reinstall, for the I don't know how manieth time, but that's OK as it does work fairly flawless mostly (now that you know what to do and type in!) :D

Thanks

Anyway, when the drivers, like you suggested, are installed, by itself, with nothing else, the system then concurrently freezes at the login screen and no USB devices works anymore. Also they don't work when unplugged and replugged into another outlet or anything. It's just buggered mate.
My mistake. For the second time, see MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/System/Legacy USB Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back