Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like it should do the trick, but as someone new to the world of OSx86, it's confusing.

What process would I go through to get HDMI Audio working on this setup?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H rev 1.1 (UEFI BIOS by AMI)
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K
Video: ONLY the integrated Intel HD4000
Audio: ALC887/888b

Not supported. If you find a working 269 edited AppleHDA.kext v2.2.0 (10.7.4) or v2.3.0 (10.8), it may be possible to get HD4000 HDMI audio to work.

Now i have a working apple.hda for 269. What should i do to activate hdmi audio?

Toleda I don't know if this is in your realm of expertise, but I'm looking for some help or guidance to the right direction.

Sleep/Wake works fine on my computer when I don't have a patched DSDT for HDMI audio; however, when I use the patched DSDT Sleep/Wake only sort of works... the computer will come back on, but my monitor never gets a signal on wake.

I have attached the patched DSDT and my IOReg in case it will help.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IOReg.zip
    402.9 KB · Views: 108
Sleep/Wake works fine on my computer when I don't have a patched DSDT for HDMI audio; however, when I use the patched DSDT Sleep/Wake only sort of works... the computer will come back on, but my monitor never gets a signal on wake.
Nothing jumps out. Two suggestions:
1. Apply the edits to a known working native dsdt
2. Change sysdef to macmini5,1, add the MB/Sandy Bridge i5 SSDT.

Nothing jumps out. Two suggestions:
1. Apply the edits to a know working native dsdt
2. Change sysdef to macmini5,1, add the MB/Sandy Bridge i5 SSDT.

Thanks for your suggestions. Neither of them worked but it was worth a shot. Sleep/wake isn't a huge issue for me, but it's the only thing separating me from a fully functional machine.

Is it possible that HDMI audio will be supported without DSDT in th future?

Is it possible that HDMI audio will be supported without DSDT in th future?
No. Intel systems won't run without a dsdt. The dsdt edits will be required for as long as OS X uses the current method for HDMI audio. See 5.2.11.1 Differentiated System Description Table (DSDT) in the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification (ACPI)

Got my first Hackintosh up and running now. Everything is working ootb including sleep/wake usb 3.0 etc. Only thing i´m missing is hdmi audio. Running 10.8.3 on z77-ds3h, i7 3770k 2x8 gb g-skill ddr3 1600. Already spent a few days trying to make it work. Anybody here who can help me fix it? That´d be awesome. Thanks in advance.

ps.
got my ioreg attached. i guess its needed :D
View attachment Marcels Mac Pro.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back