Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the edited boot.plist found? I may have similar problem.

Thanks, tell me, does the HDMi audio normally allow 5.1 (and DTS) pass through. I am only getting a 2.0 signal but am not sure if its the driver or my TV which may not do 5.1 passthrough.

Thanks, tell me, does the HDMi audio normally allow 5.1 (and DTS) pass through. I am only getting a 2.0 signal but am not sure if its the driver or my TV which may not do 5.1 passthrough.
HDMI allows 7.1 lossless audio. Don't know what your cable arrangement is but it is not the software.

still no audio, when i look in ioreg under IGPU@2 i have no APPL,os-info and no AAPL,tbl-info
here is my dsdt and ioreg, could this be because i may (or may not have) switched my system def from imac 12.2 to mac pro 3,1?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 95
  • davids mac pro .zip
    567.9 KB · Views: 93
also, in the hd4000_hdmi_audio kit on my desktop, i have named the dsl to "dsdt-z77x-ud5h-f8-.dsl" is that correct?

still no audio, when i look in ioreg under IGPU@2 i have no APPL,os-info and no AAPL,tbl-info
Look at AAPL,ig-platform-id. You did not remove S/L/E/HDAEnabler898.kext. Fix permissions and cache. Restart.

You are the man!! Works great will upload dsdt when I get home.

Hi toleda,

I followed your guide on http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/62880-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-hd4000.html but I am still not getting audio. I also made sure to delete HDAenabler and repair permissions. In my last attempt, I messed with the boatloader and now need to fix that.

Im not sure if the issue is my DSDT since I cannot find IGPU in the IOregistry.

I used my own DSDT that I extracted and edited with no errors.

I am using a Z77-UD5H. Attached is my DSDT and ioregistry. View attachment dsdt and ioreg.zip

Any thoughts?

Thank you very much,
Rich

I followed your guide on http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/62880-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-hd4000.html but I am still not getting audio. I also made sure to delete HDAenabler and repair permissions. In my last attempt, I messed with the boatloader and now need to fix that.

Im not sure if the issue is my DSDT since I cannot find IGPU in the IOregistry.
HD4000 is not enabled in the BIOS and is not running which is why you don't see it. Remove the graphics card and get HD4000 working with HDMI audio. You graphics card is in the wrong slot, it should be in the primary x16 slot. With an edit of ApppleHDA.kext, you can have HDMI audio on the Nvidia card as well. There may be a boot problem when you use HD4000 as the boot display and have a monitor connected to the Nvidia. If so, use the Nvidia as the boot display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back