Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Customizing the Optimized AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, attach IOReg and patched kexts
Hi Toleda, in the process of getting together IOReg/Patched kexts, I realised that the edited Platforms.zml.zlib is "corrupted" somehow. And it happens when I deflate the Platforms.zml file back to Platforms.zml.zlib (using zlib.pl / perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.zml > Platforms.zml.zlib). It does create a file named Platforms.zml.zlib, but it's corrupted. Here's a copy so you can see what I mean. It's zero bytes. I do the inflation with the program Zlib(looks like terminal, drag and drop) but it won't deflate a zml file, so I did it with zlib.pl instead).

Attachments

• Platforms.zml.zlib.zip
    162 bytes · Views: 100
zlib.pl has no error detection.
Remove Platforms.xml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib from the directory
As the guide suggests:
Code:
perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.xml > Platforms.xml.zlib
Rename Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib

zlib.pl has no error detection.
Remove Platforms.xml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib from the directory
As the guide suggests:
Code:
perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.xml > Platforms.xml.zlib
Rename Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib

I'm not really sure what you mean now "Rename Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib", because isn't the file that has to be edited Platforms.zml.zlib?

isn't the file that has to be edited Platforms.zml.zlib?
Yes.
However, Xcode knows what to with a .xml or .plist file, .zml is not valid
Are you using zlib_terminal.rfd?
Updated for zml.zlib:
  1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
  2. Finder/
    1. Drag S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
    2. File/New Folder
    3. Drag S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib to New Folder
    4. Drag zlib.pl to New Folder (attached below)
    5. Rename Platforms.zml.zlib to Platforms.xml.zlib
  3. Applications/Utilities/Terminal/
    1. $ cd New Folder
    2. $ perl zlib.pl inflate Platforms.xml.zlib > Platforms.xml
  4. Finder/New Folder
    1. Remove Platforms.xml.zlib
    2. Rename Platforms.xml to Platforms.plist (confirm .plist)
  5. Xcode/NewFolder/Platforms..plist
    1. Edit/ Platforms.plist
    2. File/Save/Platforms.plist
  6. Finder/New Folder
    1. Rename Platforms.plist to Platforms.xml (confirm .xml)
    2. Remove Platforms.zml.zlib (if present)
  7. Terminal
    1. $ perl zlib.pl deflate Platforms.xml > Platforms.xml.zlib
  8. Finder/New Folder
    1. Rename Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib
    2. Drag Platforms.zml.zlib to Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources
    3. Replace/Yes
    4. Close Finder Windows
  9. Install edited AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast/Kext Utility/etc.
  10. Restart

"Updated for zml.zlib:"
Thanks Toleda, I'll try this now:)

Are you using zlib_terminal.rfd?
I don't know, but here a screen shot so you can see:
Zlib.png

Also I use Prefsetter, not xcode

I don't mean to go OT, but when I installed OSX Sierra, the audio seemed to work fine (except for 2 wire etc) before I even ran Multibeast. Then I wondered if I should still install the Multibeast audio driver anyway?

I don't know
See Customization.pdf/Tools/B. zlib_terminal

when I installed OSX Sierra, the audio seemed to work fine (except for 2 wire etc) before I even ran Multibeast
Not possible, the installer removes existing AppleHDA.kext and installs new AppleHDA.kext; existing .zml files are removed by installer.

Toleda, just wanted to let you know, am having some problems with sierra install.........

At the end it worked out much easier than I expected, so Sierra installed and on top digital 2 wire. GREAT NEWS, I’m really pleased, a lot of appreciation to you Toleda!!!!!

There is an “anomaly” though this time with the 2 wire config, that’s different from 2 wire on Mountain Lion, that I wanted to mention to you. That is that when you select Digital Out in Sound Preferences, the receiver doesn’t lock in / sync up, that is, there is no digital signal / clock present, but as soon as you play some music, any digital content, Youtube / MP3, whatever, then it immediately locks in / syncs up and plays perfectly. If you pause the Youtube video for example, after exactly 30 seconds, the sync is lost again, until you press play, and it’s instantly back. It’s like it times out.

Mountain Lion on the other hand syncs up from the moment it boots, until PC’s switched off, simply never times out.

Thanks again Toleda:)

Last edited:
Hi, back again with the 2 wire. It does work but as it's clicking on and off, (as it syncs / desyncs over and over again), I wondered, if there is some kind of timeout (30secs), does it occur to you where it might/would be implemented?

OK never mind, it's fine, thanks anyway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back