Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Lion 10.7.2
Patched to stop cmos reset.
Firewire works ok until the system sleeps. After sleep although device is present in system info I can't use the fire wire.
After sleep -
Console shows a repeating error every 10 seconds -

18/10/2011 14:05:33.000 kernel: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!

There seems to be other people with the same issues but no fix?
I'm using latest firmware F6 and matching DSDT from the database.

Can anyone help please? Cheers Orlando

BUMP - This is a problem with this motherboard and DSDT.

I've built a complete new Lion install with only DSDT installed and after sleep the same console message still appears.

I presume that after sleep the firewire port is not waking up hence the invalid address messages?

Is it possible that someone with more knowledge than me could have a look for me?

I'm primarily using my machine for video editing with PremierPro and it's useful to sleep the machine when having breaks between edits. Its a hassle having to shut down and restart while leaving the machine on seems power wasteful!

Many thanks in advance Orlando

Is this a completely unknown problem? Once my machine auto sleeps once the FireWire error kicks in and it won't auto sleep again. This must be due to the error message in console. How can I fix the guid address? Or is it my FireWire does not wake up? Cheers O

ovb1 said:
Is this a completely unknown problem? Once my machine auto sleeps once the FireWire error kicks in and it won't auto sleep again. This must be due to the error message in console. How can I fix the guid address? Or is it my FireWire does not wake up? Cheers O
I had the same issue with onboard one. I disabled it and use PCI-e 1x LaCie 130988 3-port FireWire Adapter - 3 x 9-pin IEEE 1394b FireWire - Plug-in Card instead.

I did not have any issue with sleep.
BTW, my machine never goes to sleep automatically (with Energy Saver), so I used PleaseSleep and configured it to use Display Sleep timer from Energy Saver preferences, while configured Computer Sleep to never in preferences.

I have the same problem with mu Mobo/DSDT after sleep.

How can I get the OS to re-read the firewire port/driver, as it did successfully on boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back