Graphics
Palit Geforce GTX 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone having trouble installing Yosemite via Unibeast with Asus P8z77-V LK?

My screen goes blank after starting to install Yosemite. After choosing the Yosemite logo to start the install, it would display the white screen with the apple logo and a progress bar below it. However, at approximately 10 or 15% progress, my monitor seems to go to sleep. Then the activity LED in my USB drive stops blinking as well. I tired waiting but it never comes back.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a setting I forgot to set correctly? I tried booting via my working Mavericks HDD and my PC works just fine so it couldn't be a monitor fail. Please help.

Anyone having trouble installing Yosemite via Unibeast with Asus P8z77-V LK?

My screen goes blank after starting to install Yosemite. After choosing the Yosemite logo to start the install, it would display the white screen with the apple logo and a progress bar below it. However, at approximately 10 or 15% progress, my monitor seems to go to sleep. Then the activity LED in my USB drive stops blinking as well. I tired waiting but it never comes back.

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a setting I forgot to set correctly? I tried booting via my working Mavericks HDD and my PC works just fine so it couldn't be a monitor fail. Please help.

Hi ed168,

I got EXCACTLY the same problem here, only I've used a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI and a Core i7-2600, Luckily I had another processor and while switching different parts I discovered that it worked
with my spare Core i5-3570k (no extern video card used)
without any problem and everything except WIFI working and BT with a dongle.

Just mention it for trying if you or someone else has the same problem.
Don't ask me why, that part is for the experts :mrgreen: to find out.

GreetingZzz John

R.I.P. P8P67 Deluxe :cry:

Thanks JBG. I do not have a spare CPU. I'll probably try using the Intel video adapter on the board and see if it solves the issue.

My extern GeForce gives problems too while installing, install is finished and everything is ok now,
so I don't know or I place it back, maybe only for reference to the forum here...

GL

I tried using the built in motherboard video adapter (like JBG suggested) and it worked for a while at the start of the install. It went a little further than the previous attempts. However, when video came back, all i had was a garbled screen image. The upper half of the screen is white-ish with some flickering at the bottom of that.

Can anyone guess what is up with the install at this point? USB activity seem to be stopping at this point as well. I just get a few blinks intermittently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back