GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning all! I have finally reached my limit of forceful head/wall contact with this issue, and need to ask for help from all the good people here!

I have a hackintosh with the specs listed below that I've been too lazy to upgrade from a working 10.10 install until now. Of course, I have some issues I do not understand. Following the standard unibeast install method I can get the system up and running and booting from the USB drive. The graphics work correctly if I check the nvidia web driver flag at boot from the usb when I boot into my mojave SSD, but I cannot get it to boot on its own after running multibeast. In verbose mode I see things humming along nicely, until things get jammed at "GTrace synchronization point 4", the screen goes black, then doesn't receive input from the machine and goes to sleep. I'm sure this is a minor configuration issue, but it has been so long since I've worked on upgrading, I can't remember all the tricks. If any of you have some advice I would be grateful!

Specs:
GA-Z97-D3H
Core i5-4460
GeForce GT 640

Thanks and Cheers,

Strange.

I can get the system up and running and booting from the USB drive.
Start with the computer powered off.
Insert your USB installer.
Power on the computer and press your boot menu key - Usually F12 but YMMV.
At the boot menu screen select your USB flash drive as the boot device and boot.
At the Clover menu screen select your hard drive and boot.

When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Thanks a bunch P1LGRIM, that seems like an interesting solution. What is it that this process is doing? What is the EFI partition responsible for? I will work on this immediately when I get home tonight.
Cheers,
Strange.

Ok P1LGRIM, I've been stymied again. I did as you asked, downloaded the EFI Mounter, mounted the USB EFI partition, and copied that to my desktop. All went flawlessly. However... The EFI mounter does not allow me to mount my hard drive's EFI partition. There is not even an option for that disk. Is there potentially a problem with the APFS drive?
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,

S.

Ok P1LGRIM, I've been stymied again. I did as you asked, downloaded the EFI Mounter, mounted the USB EFI partition, and copied that to my desktop. All went flawlessly. However... The EFI mounter does not allow me to mount my hard drive's EFI partition. There is not even an option for that disk. Is there potentially a problem with the APFS drive?
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,

S.

Go to your top tool bar menu and select GO, then scroll to Utilities, then Disk utility. Check for the drive and try to run first aid or mount/unmount it then try EFi mounter.

Go to your top tool bar menu and select GO, then scroll to Utilities, then Disk utility. Check for the drive and try to run first aid or mount/unmount it then try EFi mounter.
No dice on this one Gigamaxx, I ran first aid, still no mount.

No dice on this one Gigamaxx, I ran first aid, still no mount.

What does your main drive partition show.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.05.48 PM.png

Appears to be the same as yours. but the EFI mounter does not show disk5 as an option for mounting.

Cheers,

S

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 5.09.17 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 5.08.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 5.09.56 AM.png

Switched to the onboard graphics and she boots like a champ. Now I just need to get the audio working and life will be good again.

Thanks for all your help!

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back