Graphics
Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

It's been almost three weeks that I've been trying to install Mojave 10.14.6 on my ASUS Vivobook S532FA. I had success in fully installing Mojave, but it would boot with only 7MB of video RAM. Also, whenever I would reboot for the first time, after installing kexts to L/E with Hackintosh, it would hang on VoodooPS2Controller. I noticed that the line just before that had ApplePS2Controller. Having never downloaded it, I tried searching my drivers and kexts to find out what was loading it. While searching for that, I noticed that my Lilu.kext was empty! In other words, the kext had no content besides the usual subdirectories. I downloaded and installed a fresh copy and was expecting my video problems to be gone. For the past two days, it's getting stuck at apfs_module_start, pictured below. I've Googled and tried many 'fixes', but none have worked. It always stops at the same line.

Any help would be appreciated. I know I chose a laptop with no guide. I'm hoping to get the dual screens (main plus trackpad) on it working and using it for my software development work. It came with an i7-8565U, UHD620 iGPU, 16GB of RAM. I put in a 500GB SSD, the Samsung 970 EVO Plus. I'm waiting for my BCM94352HMB to arrive (hopefully, it'll fit). The main screen is 1920x1080, while the trackpad screen is 2160 x 1080.

Many thanks!

20190928_125216.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 273
If you use UEFI version 2203 or later the system will hang during the boot of macOS at apfs_module_start:1393. @mattystonnie has created a patch that fixes this.

Thank you P1LGRIM! I missed that post while searching.

For anybody else trying this laptop and downloading my EFI.zip:

- I couldn't locate the UEFI version as 2203 or later. It's reported at X532FA.300, where 300 is the upgraded BIOS version. I threw caution to the wind and tried MattyStonnie's patch and it worked!

- You need to get rid of the -x and cpus=1 boot flags. The -x flag (safe mode) causes a kernel panic.

I'll post updates as I go along. I'm sure many changes are needed to get this baby going.

Hi Zimmy
I have the same laptop as you, me also interested to intall macos, keep up will follow too. I aready installed dual boot windows/Catalina on my destop.
Paul

Hey Paulkki,

It's a work-in-progress! The attached EFI.zip is what I have so far. The laptop boots up and can reboot only from the USB drive. The graphics work fine, but I'm working on the sleep problem - whenever it sleeps, it won't wake up. Sound and other issues exist and will be being tackled one by one. I'll keep you updated.

This site and the following repository are invaluable: https://github.com/hieplpvip/AsusSMC

Congrats on your build!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 422
Hi Jimmy
Thanks for reply, I stuck on install many times, will try your efi.
Paul

The sleep problem is solved by enabling FixS3D in the ACPI section of the config.plist file, via Clover Configurator. The laptop sleeps after the timeout period set in Preferences and also with the Sleep menu option. However, the lid switch does not put the laptop to sleep - it simply darkens the screen. When the lid is re-opened, the screen turns back on without asking for your password. The lid switch is the next problem I'll tackle. It seems like this is a long-standing problem (from 2017). I'm sure the fix is out there.

Hi Jimmy
Thanks for your EFI zip, Installed, rebooted booted on SSD, but no wifi, bluetooth, internet, sound and Touch Pad any clue?. Looking for next progress, thanks again keep up.
Paul

Last edited:
Great!

As I said, sound and other issues exist. I'm working on the touchpad and will keep posting progress. I've left the lid-sleep issue for later. VoodooI2CController kext detects the touchpad (Model #: GDX-1515) but complains that it can't "find a suitable _DSM or XDSM method". Any help from anyone out there would be appreciated!

I found my error and got it booting from the SSD - I hadn't copied the ACPI to the SSD's EFI folder.

For the WiFi/BT, you'll need to change the card inside the laptop. I'm waiting for one and hoping it'll fit as there isn't much space in there. For now, I'm using an Asus USB-AC53 Nano.

Hi Jimmy
I am very happy, I was suppose sell it out, Thanks
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back