Contribute
Register

Modified 10.7.3 Kernel for Ivy Bridge CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I already have a Z68 board with lion running on sandy, will I have to reinstall lion or can I just replace the kernel with the modified one if i want to put in an ivy bridge cpu

ok silly question. Since you need to patch the new drive with BridgeHelper, is it possible to just boot up with UniBeast 1.2.0, then go to a terminal prompt and copy to patched kernel from the USBkey to the new harddrive.

Would that work? It's just really awkward pulling the drive out and plugging it into my older desktop.

NVM: Just tried it and it works... Saves me time when I'm rebuilding next time...

So just an FYI, my new system is getting up to speed just fine..

MSI Z77MA-G45 and i7-3770K :headbang:

concordfta said:
ok silly question. Since you need to patch the new drive with BridgeHelper, is it possible to just boot up with UniBeast 1.2.0, then go to a terminal prompt and copy to patched kernel from the USBkey to the new harddrive.

Would that work? It's just really awkward pulling the drive out and plugging it into my older desktop.

NVM: Just tried it and it works... Saves me time when I'm rebuilding next time...

What commands did you use to do that? My terminal skills are minimal. Also genius idea. I just noticed several other people have suggested this method. As if I never tried it before.

MicMak said:
concordfta said:

What commands did you use to do that? My terminal skills are minimal. Also genius idea. I just noticed several other people have suggested this method. As if I never tried it before.

Tonymacx86 has updated his post, check here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052&start=0

Before I ripped out my Q9650 setup and replaced it with a Gigabyte Z77x-UD5h and i5 3570k, I ran BridgeHelper. Unfortunately, I am getting an immediate restart when the apple logo first shows up, which many have stated means something went wrong with Bridge Helper. I'm now left with nothing that will boot until a mac, so how can I go about getting this back up and running from windows? I have Paragon HFS+ for Windows if that might help? Thanks for the help!

helo! plase need help!
my setup is z68x-ud3h-be/i5 3570k/nvidiagt-8800-gts,
I have 5.0.0 installed and BridgeHelper GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 tool.zip +
f12 bios. I can not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back