Contribute
Register

ML on 4330s success!!! Picture tutorial and install files included - post installation only.

How many times have you seen a "Kernel panic"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 0H87XC / Intel HM170
CPU
i7 - 6700hq
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960m (1080p display)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ML on 4330s success!!! Picture tutorial and install files included - post installation only. !!!! Update - working on 10.8.2

Hey guys!

Sorry for my english - I'm not native

It could also work for other Probook 4xxx models with minor changes in installation.

This tutorial is only for my configuration! Yours may differ, but it's not hard to do it with a different one. It took me almost 3 days to do it and get rid of kernel panics and other problems so I decided to help you guys so you don't have to scream across the whole house as I did when 20th kernel panic appeared. :banghead:

My configuration:

i5 - 2410m
intel HD 3000
Radeon 6490m (I had to disable switchable graphics in bios, it won't work anyway)
SSD disc with trim
bios F0A
synaptics touchpad (unfortunately click and double-click doesn't work - only the buttons but it's usable)

Pre installation first:
I used Unibeast to make flash drive with installation. If you fail even before the welcome screen than this is probably because of one of those two things: 1) You haven't checked AHCI mode in bios 2) your installation flash drive is wrong - I had to do it 3 times with different versions of Unibeast till it worked. Even if it say that the flash drive was successfully created it may not be true :(
I didn't need any flags to boot it and install it!

If you have passed ML setup and pressed "Start using your Mac" button than begins the post installation. You have to do it because you probably wouldn't boot into Mountain lion again after reboot and you want to install and customize your hackintosh.

Post installation:

I'm not saying that this is the correct way but it worked for me and it seems stable so far. Now I have working almost all, wifi is OK :).
I haven't try Bluetooth and express card but I don't use it.

Follow the steps here and on the pictures in the ZIP archive you can download below this post

Update: It also works with 10.8.2 (Install the update right after the clean install of 10.8.0 and do these post installation steps after)

Picture 1:
This is just prove that I'm telling you the truth that it's working

Picture 2:
On the left upper corner there is the folder which is included in this post ZIPped.
1) Run "HP Probook Installer 5b8r2" and pick your configuration
- You can use mine I ticked on but be carefull It you have different configuration.

- You have to tick 10.8 OS
- You have to tick Chimera 1.11.0
- You have to tick Ethernet Kext installer
- Don't tick bluetooth!
- Tick AHCI patch if you have troubles with "waiting for root device"
- Tick EDID generator
- Tick Sleep image fix only if you have SSD disc!!
- Tick your processor type - this may differ from mine!!

Picture 3:
- Tick Graphics glitch fix
- Tick your bios version - this may differ from mine!!
- Tick 13" Macbook pro under System definitions
- Tick "Kext helper b7" and "Kext Utility" under extra tools.
- You may tick "Chameleon wizard" if you want to setup dual boot with Windows 7 - I did.

Picture 4:
1) fire up "Kext helper b7" which have been installed into your tools folder on desktop
2) Drag and drop all kext files from the folder "Kexts I used" (Which is in zip archive) into this app and press Easy install
3) Close the app, don't restart yet!

Picture 5:
- Run "Kext utility" also in your tools on desktop and let it do it's job.
- You also may enable trim using "Trim enabler" if you have SSD disc (You can install this app with probook installer)

Cross your fingers!
Unplug all devices except mouse and reboot!

Hope this will help you!
Good luck and I wish you not to see any kernel panic.:headbang:

Attachments

• HP 4330s hackintosh 2.zip
    64.1 MB · Views: 957
VERIFIED this post on a 4430. I just installed ML [using this post] on the machine yesterday after replacing the B810 1.6 Celeron with an i7 2630QM. I had collected numerous TM posts describing what I would need to do about this and that but this post was all I needed, THANKS! Everything works, even Bluetooth by not adding any hack support ML must support it.

THANKS Johnnnnnnnnnny!

I only have two things I will be on the lookout about:
-Boot fail
-Sleep

Boot fail
The after the install the reboots seem tough in that the spinning circle lines come up on the gray Apple screen and go on for a long time until a small white box with a NOT circleX comes up. So I hold the button and try it again. By the third time it boots.

Sleep
I got up in the middle of the night to turn off the kids TV and noticed that the closed lid 4430 was running the fan--it should have been in Sleep mode. I have found a few references to "the Fan app" which I'll look to see if that pertains to this.

I have a 4330s and for the life of me i can't get it to even run the ML installer!

I've used this usb stick to install fine to my desktop so i wiped it , ran unibeast 1.5.3 to make the ML installer USB, copied Probook installer to the USB stick.

Then , reboot, boot off the stick in -v -f mode and it just gets to the bit where it says failed to enumerate USB and then just keeps saying waiting for root device.

i've tried it in every USB port and AHCI is enabled on my laptop. What am i doing wrong? Another thread seems to suggest running the probook installer and setting the USB stick as target? that failed

Any ideas please? Do you have any other specific bios settings? e.g webcam disabled or anything?

cheers

I have a 4330s and for the life of me i can't get it to even run the ML installer!

I've used this usb stick to install fine to my desktop so i wiped it , ran unibeast 1.5.3 to make the ML installer USB, copied Probook installer to the USB stick.

Then , reboot, boot off the stick in -v -f mode and it just gets to the bit where it says failed to enumerate USB and then just keeps saying waiting for root device.

i've tried it in every USB port and AHCI is enabled on my laptop. What am i doing wrong? Another thread seems to suggest running the probook installer and setting the USB stick as target? that failed

Any ideas please? Do you have any other specific bios settings? e.g webcam disabled or anything?

cheers

I seem to have fixed it! In the bios i enabled EFI, then it booted the installer without any flags. Not seen this mentioned anywhere in this forum though!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ate-still-waiting-root-device.html#post477338

Wanted to add that I have always had trouble with "Still waiting for root device" although when I 1st used your instructions it would boot but after a long wait or after failing a few times. None the less I was still happy. But I upgraded my SSD to a larger one and cloned my original install that I had managed to patch the 10.8.2 update. The clone wouldn't load even though I installed Chimera again to add the block 0, 1 thingies back as they don't come across. But the kexts offered in the link above post did the trick. And it powers on and loads the OS in a few seconds!

Just want you to know that I have to keep coming back to your instructions compared to the folks who are driving the HP Installer (5b1,2,...; 6b1...12b). Don't get me wrong, they are supplying the way we use to install Mac OSX on our HP ProBook 4_30s laptops and I thank them for it. But... I just bought a second laptop in the series that doesn't behave the way my 1st does [or is it the sequence I used compared with once and done]. I now have both a 4430 and a 4530. I've been using the 4430 for a while and it is a very dependable machine on OSX 10.8.2 w/ 2ghz quad core and 16gb 1600 ddr3. I just bought a 4530 thinking it is the same machine albeit a bigger screen. I'm not sure about that, but I am wondering about the idea of "you can't get there from here". I originally cloned my 4430 and added the change of processor and from 8,1 to 8,2; plus the Chimera boot sector stuff--and it worked! But I was unhappy with a few details cause I can't help tweaking until its broken so I decided to start from scratch and follow the Post about installing ML on HP Probooks using the new version 6. Well it installs but then the boot up just spins and never enters the X GUI--verbose shows the 4530 halts on negotiating and registering Bluetooth, using the same hardware as the 4430 (which works).
What I'm getting at is that after going over and over the install for days...I have gone back from a Unibeast created with 8.2 to 8.0 which allowed me to fell a whole lot better about my new machine since it worked using your instructions! However because I've spent so much time on this I'm afraid to go further without cloning where I'm at to save time. So I'm thinking that I'll have to upgrade to 8.2 like I did naturally on the 4430 and then patch whatever little things I had to patch.

Hi there, Ive try to install ML on my best friends 4330s. I got the Mountain Lion Installer successfully installed ML, so that it comes up on the USB Bootloader. But when I try to start it, with -f, -v,-F or -s, it doesn't even start. I just got a black screen with HDD activity seen on the LED to the left corner.

So what could be the problem here. Any ideas?

Hi there, Ive try to install ML on my best friends 4330s. I got the Mountain Lion Installer successfully installed ML, so that it comes up on the USB Bootloader. But when I try to start it, with -f, -v,-F or -s, it doesn't even start. I just got a black screen with HDD activity seen on the LED to the left corner.

So what could be the problem here. Any ideas?

If it has "switchable graphics" did you disable it in BIOS?

It doesn't have switcheble graphics, nor does it have the point in the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back