Contribute
Register

ML: Native Ivy Bridge CPU and GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here is my ioreg:

Couple of likely problems:
- SSDT does not have plugin-type=1 (for Ivy you should have it)
- likely (because you have VoodooBattery which often includes this rollback) a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext... to check:
Code:
# should be version 2.0 for 10.9.1
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

A better way to do battery status (rollback AppleACPIPlatform not needed): http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

The reason I mentioned NullCPU is because I saw it in the ioreg you uploaded. You might want to check still... Just run IORegistryExplorer and search for 'null' in the search box in the upper right.

The fact that you get different pstates depending on smbios, is X86PlatfromPlugin at work.

That makes sense, I forgot to upload my new IOReg after I made the changes...

I've attached the updated version... Nothing showing up with null as the search string, so that's a good sign. I think everything is good to go now, so long as there aren't any issues leaving the -xcpm kernel flag in place with an Ivy Bridge CPU.

Attachments

• dam718_IOReg_201401232254.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 99
Couple of likely problems:
- SSDT does not have plugin-type=1 (for Ivy you should have it)
- likely (because you have VoodooBattery which often includes this rollback) a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext... to check:
Code:
# should be version 2.0 for 10.9.1
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

A better way to do battery status (rollback AppleACPIPlatform not needed): http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Ok, see the result of the command.
Code:
allans-mbp:~ allanoliveira$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   12    2 0xffffff7f81e9a000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I will follow the tutorial.
pity that there is no patch for my Laptop

Ok, see the result of the command.
Code:
allans-mbp:~ allanoliveira$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   12    2 0xffffff7f81e9a000 0x5f000    0x5f000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (2.0) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I will follow the tutorial.
pity that there is no patch for my Laptop

That is the correct version of AppleACPIPlatform. If your battery status is working, then your DSDT doesn't need a patch (it is rare, but it happens).

So, only issue remaining for you (for now) wrt CPU PM is having a correct SSDT...

So, now i have battery information.

But still have problem about States/Turbo, if i use GenericUSB, and Plugin-type=1 in SSDT. even using ACPIBatteryManager.

See my ioreg, and DarwinDumper log:

Attachments

• Allan’s MacBook Pro.zip
    353 KB · Views: 96
  • DarwinDumper_2.8.8_INSYDE_Corp._X64_Mav_allanoliveira.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
So, now i have battery information.

But still have problem about States/Turbo, if i use GenericUSB, and Plugin-type=1 in SSDT. even using ACPIBatteryManager.

See my ioreg, and DarwinDumper log:

What is the issue with "States/Turbo"??

You have a lot of SSDTs loading. Be sure you want them all...

means that gets stuck at 700MHz.

I use only one SSDT.aml not to charge others, put DropOEM and P and C states to false, the config.plist.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 10.14.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 10.14.57 AM.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 102
means that gets stuck at 700MHz.

I use only one SSDT.aml not to charge others, put DropOEM and P and C states to false, the config.plist.

You have DropOEM false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back