Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Fresh build with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770k with GTX660ti. I have installed Mountain Lion on a Samsung 840 PRO 256gb and have tried several different multibeast installs. I used tonymac's screenshot included with the installation guide for Ivy bridge but am getting a blank white screen upon reboot after Multibeast.

This is my first build...anyone with a similar build help me out.

After I get the blank white screen I restart with the USB drive and I have to reformat the ssd and reinstall ML.

Is there another way I can change the multibeast settings without having to reinstall ML?

Thanks for your help. I have spent a good deal of time on the forum but have been unable to figure this out.

Appreciate any input.

Fresh build with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7-3770k with GTX660ti. I have installed Mountain Lion on a Samsung 840 PRO 256gb and have tried several different multibeast installs. I used tonymac's screenshot included with the installation guide for Ivy bridge but am getting a blank white screen upon reboot after Multibeast.

This is my first build...anyone with a similar build help me out.

After I get the blank white screen I restart with the USB drive and I have to reformat the ssd and reinstall ML.

Is there another way I can change the multibeast settings without having to reinstall ML?

Thanks for your help. I have spent a good deal of time on the forum but have been unable to figure this out.

Appreciate any input.

Are you booting with "GraphicsEnabler=No" You can check that in MultiBeast and will set it for you. You need that for your 660Ti.

Thanks for the response. I am looking for that option in Multibeast but cannot find it under the graphics tab. Is it somewhere else?

Thanks guys. That did it. Now if I only understood why when I shut down the computer it goes through the shut down, powers off for a second, then powers back on. Does the same when I put it in sleep...goes to sleep then powers right back on.

Also having a problem getting my 16 gb of Corsair Vengeance 2133 to run higher than 1333mhz. Bios recognized it as 1333. Is there a setting in Bios that I can change? Seems like XMP needs to be enabled. Will check that tomorrow.

I also get a "drive not recognized" error on my desktop right after logging in when there is no thumb drive or any indication of what drive is not recognized. Minor issues to figure out.

Also want to look into the DSDT to get this thing flying.

Thanks again.

How do I turn graphics enabler = no if I can't access the computer, therefore the multibeast screen. Just in general how do I do that I guess. i have another apple macbook I can put the USB stick into to try and fix it. if need be.

^ AT the chimera screen type exactly GraphicsEnabler=No.

Also, I had a similar issue with my board(the restart issue) just update your bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back