Contribute
Register

MiNn0w GA-Z68AP-D3 - Core i5-2500K - 16GB - HD6850 - Lion/W7

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for info

minn0w said:
That never occured to me. When installing Windows 7 and SP1, I unplugged my SSD which contains Lion. That way I thought it wouldn't exterminate Chimera. In addition I always kept the SSD on SATA port 0, DVD-ROM on 1 and the Windows HDD on 2.
I did not concider if whether Windows 7 or SP1 would ruin the boot routine as I never read up on it. Luckily it didn't. :)

Ah, that makes sense. It certainly does kill the boot sector whenever I did it in the order you specified. I would have never though to to unplug the Lion hard drive. I really don't like going into my case to unplug things anyway (three hard drives makes it a tight squeeze), so I always choose to do things in a very detailed order. Either way, nicely done. 16GBs of RAM will serve you well. I have that much as well, but I'm an animator.

steve19137 said:
Ah, that makes sense. It certainly does kill the boot sector whenever I did it in the order you specified. I would have never though to to unplug the Lion hard drive. I really don't like going into my case to unplug things anyway (three hard drives makes it a tight squeeze), so I always choose to do things in a very detailed order. Either way, nicely done. 16GBs of RAM will serve you well. I have that much as well, but I'm an animator.

I hear ya. It's good to do stuff in detailed order. Less Trouble. :) The 16GB's of RAM sure as hell does the trick. I've never seen Logic running smoother ever before. Good luck with your animating. ^^

Does sleep work properly for you? I'm now on 10.7.2 and sleep has never worked properly for me, in that it will go to sleep but not wake up.

vkd said:
Does sleep work properly for you? I'm now on 10.7.2 and sleep has never worked properly for me, in that it will go to sleep but not wake up.

Hiya.

Sleep works just fine over here. I didn't to anything to make it work either. It just did.

What is your complete setup?

i too am having sleep issues with this build I'm on the fa bios though don't know if that has anything to do with it.

kilascay said:
i too am having sleep issues with this build I'm on the fa bios though don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Hi. You should take a look at the BIOS changelogs. What is you build exactly?

hey thanks for the response i updated to the fb bios.. still no go.. I'm using the z68ap-d3 2.0 sapphire 6770 flashed to 5770 device id, and a dvi connection (think this could be it?). everything else works well just can't get the monitor back from sleep.

kilascay said:
hey thanks for the response i updated to the fb bios.. still no go.. I'm using the z68ap-d3 2.0 sapphire 6770 flashed to 5770 device id, and a dvi connection (think this could be it?). everything else works well just can't get the monitor back from sleep.

Right. Seems like some revisions of the HD 5770 requires sleep enabler. I have not read up on 6770's flashed as 5770's, so I will probably not be able to help you with your issue. Sorry. :/ Good luck though!

Thanks I tried sleep enabler but got kernel panics maybe I'll invest in a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back