Contribute
Register

Mini Beast: GA-Z97N-WIFI - i7-4770k - GTX 770 (2GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Casey,

I am very new to the HackIntosh game. I've chosen the GA-H97N-Wifi, which is essentially the same board, without the ability to overclock. As I do not currently own a mac, the only way I could get the OS was to purchase the Snow Leopard OS on DVD for $20. All of the other OSes seemed to be direct downloads as updates. So I was planning on installing Snow Leopard and then updating from there. Since the H97 and Z97 are very similar other than ability to overclock, do you think the same kexts/DSDT would work with my board? If so, is there a way I could get a copy of your modified DSDT to use on my computer? If I update the OS, will the DSDT still be useable and not altered by the update? or will I have to go through the multi-beast program after updating (which I understand doesn't work with Snow Leopard).

Thanks,
Mike
You'll need to follow my Guide since you're not using a graphics card. Make sure your memory is on the H97N Memory Support List and your PSU is Haswell Ready/Certified. BTW, you don't need a DSDT unless you want to do unusual tuning.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

I use voodoohda 2.8.4 for HDMI on kepler Nvidia graphics card, you can try it to see work or not.

Hey there casey,

I was wondering if there was a reason why you decided on the i7-4770k instead of the i7-4790k?

Your build looks really nice. I've been playing around with the idea of building a hackintosh for a while I think I'm actaully gunna do it now finally. My MBA is not build for 3D.

Best
It actually came down to the fact that the 4790k wasn't listed in the buyer's guide, and I was afraid of things not working. After putting it together and learning the ins and outs of Hackintosh, I bet the 4790k would have worked just fine.

I do still plan to overclock, so I'll be able to get performance similar to a 4790 non-k.

Yeah, upgrading from my 17" MBP to this was a fantastic jump. I love working on this machine!

Hi,

I build a similar PC using the same Node 304 case.
- Z97N-WIFI
- I54690 + Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo
- GTX760
- Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX 8Go RAM
- SSD MACOS10,1 Samsung 840 Evo 500Go
- HDD MACDATA Toshiba 2.5" 1To
- HDD TimeMachine Toshiba 3.5" 2To
- SSD WIN8.1 Crucial M500 120Go
- FSP HEXA+ 500 PSU
- Apple USB keybord
- Logitech Mouse
- 3D Connexion SpaceNavigator

My MB setup is :
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892 Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party eSATA

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Internet is connected by ethernet using an Airport Express I had in stock.
My HP printer is connected in WiFi and It works perfectly.
No bluetooth is displayed in the system preference.
I don’t use bluetooth now but perhaps I need it later, any idea ?
Audio is working on the analog jack outs and on USB, I did not test Audio over HDMI and on Toslink.

It worked great immediately but I meet 3 issues :
1) sometimes it freezes when I use it simply without connecting anything and more often when I connect a USB key or an external drive especially on the front panel USB connectors.

2) The other problem is the dual boot with W8.1.
When I switch on the PC (display connected to the GTX760) a black screen is displayed and it is impossible to enter in the boot disk choice by clicking F12 : the screen is black. When I connect the display to the HD4600, no problem.

3) Impossible to install Trim Enabler.
The software restart the computer but Trim is never on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Before I used a Mac Mini 2011 with 1To Fusion Drive (SSD Samsung 840 Evo + WD BC 750Go + 8Go RAM).
No comparison especially when I work with Shark FX software for designing and rendering purposes. I save a lot of time…
The PC is a little bit more noisy, 6 fans are working and the PC is located at 60cm from my ears, but it is acceptable.

It costs me around 980€, a great experience, I don’t regret up to now and recommend it.

GB

what setting did you use in the oaf bios as I'm using the same board and I'm have problems installing saying reported error 0xe00002ed and 0xe00002c0 while doing setting port power

I've tried many usb sticks but know look.

if anyone can help i will be so grateful

Great build, I used your guide last year and all has been working.
I've updated to El Capitan with the new cover guide and it's all working normally.
Thanks for your guide, and well done to tonymacx86 website for being such a good resource.

I loved the case you choose!
As a "case whore " myself, I really liked the node series from fractal design.

Your build is fantastic too, only next time I think buying a SFX power supply will help you ease the pain of cable management in such a tiny case. :thumbup:

Congrats. It looks good. I'm looking for ultra budget hackintosh with %100 3 monitors at 1080p compatibility option. Any advise?

Congrats. It looks good. I'm looking for ultra budget hackintosh with %100 3 monitors at 1080p compatibility option. Any advise?
You might look at my Hector build (signature block). I use the Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti which I tested with 4 monitors. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back