Contribute
Register

migrate hd to and from genuine macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Rehabman perhaps it's not clear as this thread is a little old.
My probook is running just fine as I had to leave the SSD in it because it's not transferrable to my Macbook Pro 13" retina 2013.
My problem is my MACBOOK won't function properly and I think it's because it copied the kexts and stuff across when I used the migration wizard.
Stupid though because I unchecked "other files" and just selected my home folder & applications.

Sorry Rehabman perhaps it's not clear as this thread is a little old.
My probook is running just fine as I had to leave the SSD in it because it's not transferrable to my Macbook Pro 13" retina 2013.
My problem is my MACBOOK won't function properly and I think it's because it copied the kexts and stuff across when I used the migration wizard.
Stupid though because I unchecked "other files" and just selected my home folder & applications.

For your MacBook: restore all system kexts to vanilla.

Yeah but there's the ACPIbacklight kext you've made and if I remove that I can't adjust resolution and doesn't restore functionality I don't think there's a vanilla kext?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but there's the ACPIbacklight kext you've made and if I remove that I can't adjust resolution and doesn't restore functionality I don't think there's a vanilla kext?

Normally, AppleBacklight.kext is untouched. Of course, you need to remove ACPIBacklight.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, etc. Don't forget to repair permissions & rebuild cache.

Yeah it's the ACPIbacklight.kext not the applebacklight kext which in the plist mentions your github repo.
I deleted that and the probook kext and that seems to have done the trick!
DAMN IT'S BRIGHT!!:cool:

Yeah it's the ACPIbacklight.kext not the applebacklight kext which in the plist mentions your github repo.
I deleted that and the probook kext and that seems to have done the trick!
DAMN IT'S BRIGHT!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back