Contribute
Register

migrate hd to and from genuine macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol umm I think I deleted that folder because everything was working ok :banghead:

I just looked at the installer through pacifist and I see a few kexts that I think might have been patched.
I've looked under 4X30 support and contents of common files.
I should have to replace these with vanilla correct??

Attachments

• pac.jpg
    pac.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 106
I just looked at the installer through pacifist and I see a few kexts that I think might have been patched.
I've looked under 4X30 support and contents of common files.
I should have to replace these with vanilla correct??

I think I've just found the simple way to find them. Went into extensions, arrange by date added and there's all 13 bundled together! Simples:thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 11.01.58.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 11.01.58.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 99
well that was a waste of time! the bloody thing has a ssd chip not a drive!!

GUTTED!

Can you give me a list of the patched kexts?
I'll swap them between the two drives whilst in my probook. :thumbup:

Please note that while the original kexts are in 'Installer Backups', they may not be for the version you have installed.

The only way insure correct kexts is to do a fresh install (correct version, to another partition), then install the kexts from the new partition to the old one.

Or you can simply installing clean OS X then use Migration Assistant to have all your files, application back.

Or you can simply installing clean OS X then use Migration Assistant to have all your files, application back.
This is what I ended up doing and I have a problem, I can't wake my screen once it goes black and can't adjust the brightness!
I was hoping it would be resolved after updating to 10.9.4 but it seems not!

I have deleted 1 or 2 kexts which were changed by rehabman but the result is that I cannot adjust the resolution anymore and still can't adjust brightness.

Umm can you help?

This is what I ended up doing and I have a problem, I can't wake my screen once it goes black and can't adjust the brightness!
I was hoping it would be resolved after updating to 10.9.4 but it seems not!

I have deleted 1 or 2 kexts which were changed by rehabman but the result is that I cannot adjust the resolution anymore and still can't adjust brightness.

Umm can you help?

Did you use the ProBook Installer per instructions in the guide?

Yes but also followed instructions on MIGRATING TO CLOVER because I was unable to update to mavericks without doing so

Yes but also followed instructions on MIGRATING TO CLOVER because I was unable to update to mavericks without doing so

It sounds like you don't have a properly patched DSDT. Make sure you follow the guide carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back