CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD 3000 & RX 490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a probook 4530s and have just purchased a genuine macbook pro 13" 2012 i5.

My intention is to swap my hard drive from my probook to the macbook and vice versa and use both with os x as my probook has a bigger SSD than the genuine macbook.

I have used the probook installer and have also used the clover installer on my probook.

What do I need to do to make sure nothing goes wrong with the swap?

I'm thinking of zipping the extra and efi folders on the drive in case I need to swap back for any reason, putting the macbook drive in my 2nd drive caddy and running the probook installer and that should be all good right???

Also if any files are needed from my macbook for analysis and adaptation to making the installer smoother as it's a relatively new model i'll be happy to extract them and send them

I have a probook 4530s and have just purchased a genuine macbook pro 13" 2012 i5.

My intention is to swap my hard drive from my probook to the macbook and vice versa and use both with os x as my probook has a bigger SSD than the genuine macbook.

I have used the probook installer and have also used the clover installer on my probook.

What do I need to do to make sure nothing goes wrong with the swap?

I'm thinking of zipping the extra and efi folders on the drive in case I need to swap back for any reason, putting the macbook drive in my 2nd drive caddy and running the probook installer and that should be all good right???

Also if any files are needed from my macbook for analysis and adaptation to making the installer smoother as it's a relatively new model i'll be happy to extract them and send them

You should undo any changes you may have done to the vanilla kexts in /S/L/E (there may be none, or...) before making the transfer.

I don't believe I have made any myself, only what the pb installer has done but i'll double check the clover install method thread to make sure.

Do you want any files from the macbook? Such as dsdt's for comparison?

I know they were needed when the probook support started a few years back and I know you have a macbook yourself but mine is a current model with i5 intel iris so i'm not sure if it'll help with supporting the newer probooks?

I don't believe I have made any myself, only what the pb installer has done but i'll double check the clover install method thread to make sure.

Do you want any files from the macbook? Such as dsdt's for comparison?

I know they were needed when the probook support started a few years back and I know you have a macbook yourself but mine is a current model with i5 intel iris so i'm not sure if it'll help with supporting the newer probooks?

Depends on which ProBook Installer you used.

Any DSDT you have or other stuff specific to Hackintosh will essentially be ignored by a real Mac...

Well I used the Latest one when I updated from 10.8 to 10.9.2 and then to 10.9.3

Well I used the Latest one when I updated from 10.8 to 10.9.2 and then to 10.9.3

There are two 'latest' ProBook Installers.

I used ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3.pkg

I used ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3.pkg

That ProBook Installer patches a bunch of kexts in /S/L/E. Probably not appropriate for a real Mac. So... back to what I said in post #2, you need to undo whatever has been done to the kexts in /S/L/E.

That ProBook Installer patches a bunch of kexts in /S/L/E. Probably not appropriate for a real Mac. So... back to what I said in post #2, you need to undo whatever has been done to the kexts in /S/L/E.

Can you give me a list of the patched kexts?
I'll swap them between the two drives whilst in my probook. :thumbup:

Can you give me a list of the patched kexts?
I'll swap them between the two drives whilst in my probook. :thumbup:

The original kexts are in Backup folder in Desktop, just reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back