Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dart=0 can be used if you're using VT-d. XHCI should be set to Enabled not Auto. Hand of should be set to Enabled they are on my desktop. Do you have Erp enabled? AppleRTC should be in config regardless. So screenshots of you're BIOS.
No prob. Attached is some pics of my setup.

I had some trouble with XHCI set to enabled where my keyboard's right arrow key would jam on making it impossible to boot clover. Smart auto for some reason stopped my keyboard working when booting into my Windows 7 Pro install. I'll give it another test again to see if it was my computer just having a bad day.

Erp is disabled. AppleRTC i'll keep on, It never gave me any instabilities previously.

Attachments

• BIOS Z97M-D3H.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 86
No prob. Attached is some pics of my setup.

I had some trouble with XHCI set to enabled where my keyboard's right arrow key would jam on making it impossible to boot clover. Smart auto for some reason stopped my keyboard working when booting into my Windows 7 Pro install. I'll give it another test again to see if it was my computer just having a bad day.

Erp is disabled. AppleRTC i'll keep on, It never gave me any instabilities previously.

I have Erp enabled on my Desktop and XHCI set to enabled disabled USB 2 because theres no point having it enabled when in OS X. As USB 2 controllers goes threw USB 3. How come have you disabled C6/C7 State Support & C3 State Support? Intel Vertualization can be enabled. Vt-D can be enabled as long as you have dart=0 in config.

I just realized I made a mistake in that patched DSDT. I added a DSM for the LPC device to enable AppleLPC, but you have an SSDT to inject that, so they might conflict. I replaced the link in my previous post with a new file named v2.

If my patched DSDT works, you can to clear everything in the ACPI, Devices, Graphics, and Kernel Patches sections in Clover Configurator, leaving only Kext patches and the other tabs (make a backup config.plist first). You might also need to patch your SSDT-6 and SSDT-7 tables, but I'm not sure.

Thanks again! I've disabled EHCx->EH0x and _OSI to XOSI now. Just curious, will i still need to create my own usb port injector still for fully working USB 3 ? I was in the middle of getting one made with FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux installed

I have Erp enabled on my Desktop and XHCI set to enabled disabled USB 2 because theres no point having it enabled when in OS X. As USB 2 controllers goes threw USB 3. How come have you disabled C6/C7 State Support & C3 State Support? Intel Vertualization can be enabled. Vt-D can be enabled as long as you have dart=0 in config.
I found that disabling C6/7 & C3 improved the CPUs idle speeds when i was trying to get PM sorted. Kept it that way ever since. Might check again just to see if it still changes the CPUs speeds

I don't have much use for VT-d so i just keep it disabled without dart=0. I never had Erp enabled or USB 2 disabled. I'll test it out shortly

Thanks again! I've disabled EHCx->EH0x and _OSI to XOSI now. Just curious, will i still need to create my own usb port injector still for fully working USB 3 ? I was in the middle of getting one made with FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux installed

"Proper" USB port injection is one of the things I haven't attempted yet, so I can't help there. I use xHCI Mux and USBInjectAll with the USB port limit increase, even though that method isn't supposed to be used long-term. My USB3 does seem to work with that setup though. You can enable all C-States (I use auto for everything), and can keep VT-d enabled with dart=0.

So something strange was happening last night. Firstly XHCI will have to be set to auto. Changing to Enabled stops my mouse and keyboard from working in the BIOS menu. Have to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard so that i can change back to auto. When ever i enter Clover Boot screen when XHCI is Enabled or Smart Auto. One touch of the keyboard will jam the right arrow key to ON, moving the selection to the quit clover option.

The weird thing is that when ever i had changed any setting in the BIOS, the Intel Power app and many other programs became unstable with many crashing on me. Thankfully I was able to fix it by loading my original Config file and loading my saved BIOS setup before i changed anything. HermiG DSDT works fine with my original config so i will continue to use it. The good news is that I have yet to see a KP when waking from sleep :) Woken from a good few 3+ hour sleeps. I did uninstall chrome too as it did cause trouble in the past. Scratch that, Just crashed from wake. Though Gigabyte got back to me with a BIOS update so i'll have to give that a test

Last edited:
So something strange was happening last night. Firstly XHCI will have to be set to auto. Changing to Enabled stops my mouse and keyboard from working in the BIOS menu. Have to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard so that i can change back to auto. When ever i enter Clover Boot screen when XHCI is Enabled or Smart Auto. One touch of the keyboard will jam the right arrow key to ON, moving the selection to the quit clover option.

The weird thing is that when ever i had changed any setting in the BIOS, the Intel Power app and many other programs became unstable with many crashing on me. Thankfully I was able to fix it by loading my original Config file and loading my saved BIOS setup before i changed anything. HermiG DSDT works fine with my original config so i will continue to use it. The good news is that I have yet to see a KP when waking from sleep :) Woken from a good few 3+ hour sleeps. I did uninstall chrome too as it did cause trouble in the past. Scratch that, Just crashed from wake. Though Gigabyte got back to me with a BIOS update so i'll have to give that a test

That is strange about making the machine unstable. Although I have routes EH01 & EH02 through XHC is only leaving only USB. Maybe you're problem could be because of not having USB sorted with a correct SSDT. You could try my SSDT-UIAC which I'm using on my H97N-WIFI but don't count it working tho.

Gigabyte got back to me with a BIOS update so i'll have to give that a test

Whoa, really? What version is it? Also, you should move your ACPI/origin folder and dump your ACPI tables again with the new BIOS, then compare the new and old files to make sure the update didn't change your system DSDT. I can check if you want to upload the new DSDT.aml from ACPI/origin.

Whoa, really? What version is it? Also, you should move your ACPI/origin folder and dump your ACPI tables again with the new BIOS, then compare the new and old files to make sure the update didn't change your system DSDT. I can check if you want to upload the new DSDT.aml from ACPI/origin.
Its F9b. Added a new option in the power management menu called "High Precision Timer".

Here are the old and new ACPI files. I took a look and all seems the same. Not too sure what to look for so maybe you might spot a difference.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    76.6 KB · Views: 108
Its F9b. Added a new option in the power management menu called "High Precision Timer".

Here are the old and new ACPI files. I took a look and all seems the same.

Nothing changed in the ACPI tables, so there's no need to change the patched DSDT. I just noticed that my BIOS also has the HPET option (and it was not present in earlier BIOS versions). Mine has been set to Enabled, and I haven't tried disabling it. I think you should try both Enabled and Disabled and see if there is a difference. Keep us posted!

Edit: I did a bit of research, and it looks like Windows 10 can use the HPET (high-precision event timer), or another timer called TSC (time stamp counter). Some Windows users have asked for an option to disable the HPET (which is normally enabled) because it can cause increased latency for DPCs (deferred procedure calls), which can make the system less responsive. However I think OS X still uses the HPET, so it needs to be enabled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back