Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind taking a peek at mine ? Curious to know if theres anything amiss that I could have over looked.

Looks good to me for Powermanagement. You have X86PlatformPlugin & AppleLPC is loaded. Although you need to sort you're USB out.

Looks good to me for Powermanagement. You have X86PlatformPlugin & AppleLPC is loaded. Although you need to sort you're USB out.
Glad to hear the PM is correct. Had a problem where plugging in a Maschine Controller pushed the cpu idle to turbo. It must be a normal function for such a device.

You correct about the USB's. Having a bit of a hard time getting the USB's sorted out. Originally thought i had them setup properly until i got a wired Apple keyboard a few days ago. Found that the keyboards hubs were not getting enough power to run anything plugged in. Also made the Keyboard unstable at times. Tried to setup the USB ports again a few days ago hence the mess :p

Glad to hear the PM is correct. Had a problem where plugging in a Maschine Controller pushed the cpu idle to turbo. It must be a normal function for such a device.

You correct about the USB's. Having a bit of a hard time getting the USB's sorted out. Originally thought i had them setup properly until i got a wired Apple keyboard a few days ago. Found that the keyboards hubs were not getting enough power to run anything plugged in. Also made the Keyboard unstable at times. Tried to setup the USB ports again a few days ago hence the mess :p

You will be better to create a custom SSDT for USB and use USBInjectall. Take a look at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

If its the SSDT-XOSI you are referring too then yes i have already applied it and the dsdt patch via clover. Though after a quick re-read it looks that i might be running the Windows 7 configuration instead of the Windows 8 my Z97m-D3H uses. I'll take another shot at it.

Did you use ioreg and a USB 3 which also gets seen as USB 2 to verify which ports you want? For example I disabled EH01, EH02 and just enabled ports which is from XHC. Note that USB 3 has 2 entries in port restrictor.

Did you use ioreg and a USB 3 which also gets seen as USB 2 to verify which ports you want? For example I disabled EH01, EH02 and just enabled ports which is from XHC. Note that USB 3 has 2 entries in port restrictor.
Actually no. It was a 2.0 USB when I first tried to test the ports for the injector. Might have been where i went wrong my first try. I'll try it again now with my 3.0 drive.

Just to make sure i'm not doing too much before creating my port injector. I got the EHCx->EH0x, _OSI to XOSI and the port limit patch loaded in clover configurator. USBInjectAll.kext is installed with FakePCIID(_XHCIMux).kext and XHCI-9-series.kext(Not sure if this one is needed). Should that be me ready to create the port injector ?

Actually no. It was a 2.0 USB when I first tried to test the ports for the injector. Might have been where i went wrong my first try. I'll try it again now with my 3.0 drive.

Just to make sure i'm not doing too much before creating my port injector. I got the EHCx->EH0x, _OSI to XOSI and the port limit patch loaded in clover configurator. USBInjectAll.kext is installed with FakePCIID(_XHCIMux).kext and XHCI-9-series.kext(Not sure if this one is needed). Should that be me ready to create the port injector ?

Recommend to use a USB 3 hub it also gets seen as a USB 2 hub it will make you're life so much easier.

Checking back in. I still haven't gotten any KPs with F11c, but I did restart to debug a Safari crash. The crash also occurs on a fresh boot, so it's not related. I had 15 successful sleep/wake cycles over 3 days before I restarted.

And my OS X power management works fine (LPC and X86PlatformPlugin loads, CPU scales from 0.8-4.9GHz), but I don't think that's relevant because this memory bug also affects Windows.

Checking back in. I still haven't gotten any KPs with F11c, but I did restart to debug a Safari crash. The crash also occurs on a fresh boot, so it's not related. I had 15 successful sleep/wake cycles over 3 days before I restarted.

And my OS X power management works fine (LPC and X86PlatformPlugin loads, CPU scales from 0.8-4.9GHz), but I don't think that's relevant because this memory bug also affects Windows.

If it affects OS X as well of windows then that indicates something is wrong. Run Memtest86 for 24 hours.

If it affects OS X as well of windows then that indicates something is wrong. Run Memtest86 for 24 hours.

That's the entire point of this thread! Something is very wrong with these Gigabyte boards; it is not an OS X issue. Of course I checked memtest86 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back