Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Xenonphon61, I have ordered an H97M-PLUS since I've been having this exact same problem as well for ages now. As you said, very puzzling that the topics are so rare on this problem.

Anyhow, to complete the build can you say what RAM (brand/model) you are using in combination with this board? Thx!

I am using Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 32GB Kit 8GBx4 DDR3-1600 and have not had any issues. I also got the same motherboard. I don't think it's really going to matter which RAM you get as long as it's 1600 MHz or less. H97M-Plus will only use 1600 MHz max. So even if you put a DDR3 1866 MHz RAM, it will still utilize only 1600 MHz. So there's no point in getting higher frequency RAM.

I am using Ballistix Tactical Low Profile 32GB Kit 8GBx4 DDR3-1600 and have not had any issues. I also got the same motherboard. I don't think it's really going to matter which RAM you get as long as it's 1600 MHz or less. H97M-Plus will only use 1600 MHz max. So even if you put a DDR3 1866 MHz RAM, it will still utilize only 1600 MHz. So there's no point in getting higher frequency RAM.

Hey CyCLoBoT, thanks for your reply! I will keep my pair of kingstons then :)

@xenophon61, I owe you a beer.

I was on GA-Z87x-UD3H for last 3 years, with this very very rare, once in several days but definite reboot that has been bugging me since the beginning. I replaced the RAM twice, per popular opinion when encountering an error-13 general protection fault. No other solutions work, including BIOS upgrades.

I took your word and picked up a used Asus H97-plus board from a nearby vendor and I can confirm that it was the motherboard and not the RAM. I now have a 100% stable box that's sleeping and waking like it should. Couldn't be more happy about this so I wanted to give a shout out to you and anyone else who is facing the same issue. I've concluded that Gigabyte boards cannot achieve a 100% stable hack and that's my last GA board.

I seem to be having the same issue. What is confusing me is that when i was running on 3,1 installed using unibeast & multibeast. I never had any issues with sleep. Ever since i changed to 14,2 installed using unibeast & just clover. Ive been getting a KP every couple of days when waking from sleep. And each panic report is different which leads me to believe its the ram.

How can it be that 3,1 is 100% stable and 14,2 not if its supposed to be the ram thats causing this ?

Sure, but I just had a crash, so it's not completely better. I think I need to wake the computer and not do anything on it for 30 seconds. Even then, not sure. I'll probably update to BIOS F11 be a and try that. The power loading seeing might be making things a bit better. hard to tell.

Post about Power Loading: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-1034.html#post505134

Beta BIOS is in post #1 of the same thread
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

So, I installed the F11c beta BIOS and no reboots in the last week. So far, so good.

Tried 15,1 and had no such luck. I started to encounter KP's out of the blue when my system was running. KPs after wake were just as frequent. Also installed the Beta BIOS update "F9a" for my Z97M-D3H. No improvements either. I've message gigabyte support to see if i can get anywhere with them. Other than that i think it may be time to give-up on Gigabyte and switch to an ASUS mobo

So, I installed the F11c beta BIOS and no reboots in the last week. So far, so good.

So far I have 3 days of uptime with F11c. I have been running Geekbench and reloading a few Safari tabs after each wake in an attempt to uncover any instability. With previous BIOS versions I never made it more than 4 or 5 days, so if my hack stays up a week I will consider it an improvement. I'll report back in a few days. In the meantime, lets all keep our fingers crossed!

So far I have 3 days of uptime with F11c. I have been running Geekbench and reloading a few Safari tabs after each wake in an attempt to uncover any instability. With previous BIOS versions I never made it more than 4 or 5 days, so if my hack stays up a week I will consider it an improvement. I'll report back in a few days. In the meantime, lets all keep our fingers crossed!

Make sure that Powermanagement is working. Look for X86PlatformPlugin & AppleLPC in ioreg. Download ioreg and attach. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Attachments

• Hackintosh.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back