Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 37083

This is what is coming up. I am going to buy another USB drive now to give it a shot. If you see anything else wrong, please let me know! Thanks.

It seems to be an issue with power management, not appleintel1000. Try re-flashing your BIOS with Samisnake's ROM.

I have downloaded from here:

http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/

and reflashed 3 times. EZFlash shows 1309 as BIOS version. That's the right one correct?

Is there another way to tell if the correct modified BIOS has been flashed?

You are supposed to use the BIOS flashback feature, not EZFlash – i.e., insert a USB stick with the power off, and hold the ROG connect button until it blinks. I am assuming this is what you did, since you read the instructions on my page, this page, and on the Asus ROMs page, but I'm just mentioning it again in case this is the issue.

Yeah I used your install guide and followed it to a T. ROG Connect flash on FAT formatted USB stick with Modified M5G.CAP file. EZFlash confirms it is 1309. Thanks so much for helping me out.

Ah. Well, I'm doing all this over my phone since I don't have Internet due to the hurricane. So I'm not going to be of much help anytime soon. However, I do hope that everybody here will be able to help you get this system working. I look forward to reading any updates you may have. Good luck!

It seems to be an issue with power management, not appleintel1000. Try re-flashing your BIOS with Samisnake's ROM.
Unfortunately, I don't think it is power management. The time-out message on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is normal. He is booting from Unibeast. Unibeast contains the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext which blocks AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Since it is blocked, it can't load and therefore times out.

I'm thinking it is more along the lines of video. Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with running the installer in safe mode if that works. So, try the following boot flags:

-v -x
-v PCIRootUID=0
-v PCIRootUID=1

It seems i have failed to read before i asked....

Is this line a problem?

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
No. One of the first times you boot up, OSX creates that file to help speed up booting. Since Unibeast hasn't been booted completely before, that file doesn't exist.

Edit: Just for completeness….Unibeast creates the /var/db directory on a RAM disk. So even if the file gets created on 1st boot, it gets dumped from memory when you reboot. So, booting Unibeast will always produce that error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back