Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Need Help w/ Mavericks Upgrade

Hello,

I was successfully running Mountain Lion on my hackintosh and decided to upgrade to Mavericks. No matter how I boot (SSD or USB), I get a choice between Mavericks and Mountain Lion. Should this be happening? If I boot via SSD, I get stuck in a boot loop. I've read other threads and tried all of the suggested boot flags (-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1 npci=0x3000) with no luck. If I boot via USB, it keeps wanting me to install Mavericks. Any suggestions?

GA-Z77X-UD5H (F14 Bios)
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2

Thanks!
Erin

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 113
  • photo_2-2.jpg
    photo_2-2.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 117
I figured out why I was seeing Mountain Lion & Mavericks before booting up... stupid mistake.

Still experiencing boot loop when booting from SSD and when booting from USB, it wants me to install Mavericks again.

Any suggestions/help would be grateful!

Erin

Hello,

I was successfully running Mountain Lion on my hackintosh and decided to upgrade to Mavericks. No matter how I boot (SSD or USB), I get a choice between Mavericks and Mountain Lion. Should this be happening? If I boot via SSD, I get stuck in a boot loop. I've read other threads and tried all of the suggested boot flags (-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1 npci=0x3000) with no luck. If I boot via USB, it keeps wanting me to install Mavericks. Any suggestions?

GA-Z77X-UD5H (F14 Bios)
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W ATX12V v2.2

Thanks!
Erin

Follow the Update 'Guide' closely for Mavericks and you'll solve your problem if just updating and not a clean install, pay close attention to that section of the Guide.

Follow the Update 'Guide' closely for Mavericks and you'll solve your problem if just updating and not a clean install, pay close attention to that section of the Guide.

Thanks for the response, but I should have been more clear... I did follow the guide. After going through the Mavericks install and rebooting, I'm stuck at the crossroads I mentioned earlier... If I boot from USB, it wants to install Mavericks (AGAIN) and if I boot from SSD, I get stuck in the boot loop (even when using the mentioned boot flags).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back