Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Asus n550jv-cn150h

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attach a screenshot with all the information. Device id doesn't seem to appear in the columns of DCPI Manager:

View attachment 80732

id is 10ec:8168. You could try Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext. My build is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network

It doesn't give any useful information except that it's all named "Asus".. :(

Scroll through and look for the ACPI ids. Do you see "SYNxxx" or "ETxxxx"?

Btw, I've made the audio working thanks to the "Load Kext" function in DCPI. I've loaded the VoodooHDA.kext driver available in MultiBeast, which didn't work if installed using MultiBeast. With DCPI it works :)

Problem with the way you have installed it. Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache. Better results, generally, with patched AppleHDA, BTW...

id is 10ec:8168. You could try Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext. My build is here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network

Scroll through and look for the ACPI ids. Do you see "SYNxxx" or "ETxxxx"?

Problem with the way you have installed it. Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache. Better results, generally, with patched AppleHDA, BTW...

Your build worked like a charm! I had to repair permissions and rebuild cache but also follow your instructions. For the audio, I''ll give a try to Apple HDA :)

The touchpad ACPI id is ACPI\ETD0105

Your build worked like a charm! I had to repair permissions and rebuild cache but also follow your instructions. For the audio, I''ll give a try to Apple HDA :)

The touchpad ACPI id is ACPI\ETD0105

Your trackpad is ELAN... search for PS2 drivers for Elan.

Your trackpad is ELAN... search for PS2 drivers for Elan.

Ok thank you, I'll search for them.
Another question: is it normal to have Adobe Flash Player not working in Firefox and Safari even for viewing 480p videos on youtube or load anything that is a simple flash player plugin? Does Flash Player need an accelerated graphic card?

Ok thank you, I'll search for them.
Another question: is it normal to have Adobe Flash Player not working in Firefox and Safari even for viewing 480p videos on youtube or load anything that is a simple flash player plugin? Does Flash Player need an accelerated graphic card?

You must not have your graphics working properly.

You must not have your graphics working properly.

As stated before, I have a Intel HD4600 and a nVidia GeForce GT 750M. You told me that the nVidia graphic board isn't supported at the moment. What about the Intel HD4600? I actually see things on the screen and can use OS X. I'm also able to record audio/video with PhotoBooth using the integrated camera and playback audio/video using quick time.
There's a specific way to make the Intel graphic video working better? It works just because of generic drivers like the VGA drivers on Windows?

As stated before, I have a Intel HD4600 and a nVidia GeForce GT 750M. You told me that the nVidia graphic board isn't supported at the moment. What about the Intel HD4600? I actually see things on the screen and can use OS X. I'm also able to record audio/video with PhotoBooth using the integrated camera and playback audio/video using quick time.
There's a specific way to make the Intel graphic video working better? It works just because of generic drivers like the VGA drivers on Windows?

Post ioreg and I'll tell you whether you have HD4600 drivers loading or not...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

This is a question for Razorbacktrack,
Did you successfully get Mavericks running? What's works and what doesn't? (Aside from Wifi which I understand is a hardware compatibility issue) Do you have any recommendations? or even direction specific to this machine? or maybe the files you used to get your setup working? Any help would be appreciated.

This is a question for Razorbacktrack,
Did you successfully get Mavericks running? What's works and what doesn't? (Aside from Wifi which I understand is a hardware compatibility issue) Do you have any recommendations? or even direction specific to this machine? or maybe the files you used to get your setup working? Any help would be appreciated.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5577-asus-n550/ (MODS: If I can't post it,delete the link)

I have an short question, i want to make an usb stick with mavericks 10.9.5 for my asus n550 , now i need to patch that haswell earyl reboot thing.
Do i need to patch both? acpi and xpcm ? oR only one thing , when wich one is better for that machine.

Thx for your great work you are doing awsome stuff here . THANK you:thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back