Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 6 questions and the last one shows the problem and it is missing.
Attach 6. Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)

Here's the full information including the missing screenshots (sorry for the delay).

Apologies here's my IOReg along with answers to all the 5 original questions again.

1. Mavericks 10.9, GA-Z77-UP5-TH, BIOS F11, i5-3570K, MSI NVidia GeForce 660Ti
2. Multibeat 6.0.1 Without DSDT> ALC898, Audio ID 1, kext injecttion via MB, mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide, AppleHDA.kext 2.5.2-toledaALC898
3. No DSDT
4. Attached
5. Attached

6. Attached

View attachment sentur Mac Pro.ioreg Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 11.40.05.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 17.23.55.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 17.23.55.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 144
Same problem, 2x Intel High Definition Audio.

D'oh... I really don't know what's going on here. I did a complete fresh install on a HDD that had never been used. I can try and reinstall OS X again and see what happens.

Is there anything else you'd suggest?

Toleda,

Thank you for all your efforts with this endeavor. Hopefully I have all the correct info you require.

Mobo: GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 (Bios rev F8)
CPU: I3-2100
Video: Sapphire Radeon HD6850 2GB
Audio: ALC889

Fresh Install 10.9.1 > MultiBeast w/ user DSDT >
Audio Installed via Multibeast: without DSDT ALC889

NO Audio, able to adjust audio levels and elect input/outputs. Line is Plugged into the Green Line In input.
Not using npci=0x3000, or any npci.

Please let me know what else you need if at all. Thank you so much.

####- UPDATE - ####
After more troubleshooting Audio is coming out of "ORANGE" Center/Subwoofer Line. I guess the mappings are wrong? Reading IOREG is very knew to me So I am not sure what I am looking for. But if I need to run it out of this port from now on... so be it. Thanks again Toleda.

Attachments

• About This Mac.png
    About This Mac.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 136
  • SysInfo Audio.png
    SysInfo Audio.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DPCIManager.png
    DPCIManager.png
    111 KB · Views: 145
  • Soultrains IOREG.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
  • HDEF IOREG.png
    HDEF IOREG.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 142
T
NO Audio, able to adjust audio levels and elect input/outputs. Line is Plugged into the Green Line In input.
There is no Green Line In; there is Green Line Out and Blue Line In.
IOReg says audio is working.

Ok here goes nothing. Keep in mind please that I am new to this, as I have had actual mac devices in the past, so never really got into this.

Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3

BIOS: V2.0 F11

Processor: Quad Core i7 2.93 GHz

What Codec? ALC885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898 or 1150

All of my research says ALC888 Legacy

Which Audio ID? 1, 2 or 3?

I have 6 3.5mm outputs on the back, so I tried 1

What Injection? kext, dsdt, ssdt or Clover?

I used the DSDT method on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/130-realtek-alc888-applehda-audio/

I checked the output settings under System Preferences>Sound and the only thing I could see is my Apple TV. I have a Mic Working, but that is only due to it being USB.

I also went into my console, and could not find what you were asking.

I know Mr. Toleda is busy helping, so if someone wants to help me if I am missing something so I am not wasting time I would like that.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    15.4 KB · Views: 101
  • ioreg.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 9.48.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 9.48.42 PM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 106
I checked the output settings under System Preferences>Sound and the only thing I could see is my Apple TV.
No audio codec.
Post #1:
Audio Codec Verification/DPCIManager see Tools 2.

1. See Status/Codec ID and Revision
  2. Note Codec ID

Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot.

Clean install, no audio. Reply with a screenshot of System Information/Audio and IOReg,

I completely reinstalled 10.9 to a freshly formatted drive. I then used Multibeast 6.0.1 to do a User DSDT Free Instillation with the only additional driver of the Audio>DSDT Free>ALC898 driver. In Sys Info/Profiler>Hardware>Audio I'm showing only one Intel HD Audio Device which is a good sign? But still no audio.

Here's the answer to the questions and attached files.

1. Mavericks 10.9, GA-Z77-UP5-TH, BIOS F11, i5-3570K, MSI NVidia GeForce 660Ti
2. Multibeat 6.0.1 Without DSDT> ALC898, Audio ID 1, kext injecttion via MB, mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide, AppleHDA.kext 2.5.2-toledaALC898
3. No DSDT
4. Attached
5. Attached

6. Attached

View attachment All Messages- sound assersetion.logView attachment senturs’s Mac Pro.ioregScreen Shot 2014-01-05 at 22.29.34.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-05 at 22.29.23.png

Hello, Toleda.

First off, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. I have a question regarding my problem with not getting sound on my system using the ALC892 kext. I have an Asus P8P67 Pro board with 3xxx BIOS, and I know it's not supported. However, you mention two alternatives: 2xxx BIOS downgrade, 7/8 Series upgrade. I'm not too comfortable downgrading my bios because I'm afraid I might screw something up. What do you mean by '7/8 Series upgrade'?

My original question is, do you think bios 3xxx will eventually be supported? If I don't want to downgrade, is there hope for a fix to the issue on these boards/bios'? If you think there will be no fix/workaround, is there a guide for downgrading that you recommend? Again, I don't feel comfortable downgrading, but if it's my only option now and for the future, then I'll have to do it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.- Before I realized my board was not supported, I tired to run your audio_alc892-91_patch.command patch, but I could not run it because it kept saying I don't have sufficient privileges to run that command. Any ideas why? I had read/write access under Get Info.

Here are my system specs:

OS X 10.9.1 / ASUS P8P67 PRO / BIOS 3602 / 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 2700K (Sandy Bridge) / Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760

Procedure: First I tried Multibeast 6.0 for Mavericks, then I tried Toleda's guide / AppleHDA.kext_v2.5.3

No dsdt.aml

I'm sorry for not being able to post my IOReg or screenshots as I'm at work right now and of course I don't have access to my computer at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back