Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

unfortunately, this won't work on my build, because it needs the iMac 13,2 definition to boot up.
Everything is running fine, except sleep. M y CPU is a intel core i7 3770k. The verbose output says at one line: unknown cpuid, powermanagement may be incomplete or unsupported!
I figured out this is caused by the "k" version. It is the same but it's Turbo Boost multiplyers are unlocked. If I could emulate the cpuid of the vanilla version, powermanagement would be working completely with sleep. The other features like speedstep are working though. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot, I didn't realize that applied. Any guesses on the "legacy" non XCPM mode? Any suggestions on replacements for HWMonitor? (The intel gadget is super obtrusive).
No idea why you are not seeing IOPPF: XCPM; something is wrong.
What makes IPG intrusive?

The window will not resize, and it takes up most of my screen, where HWmon was a menu bar. But I will survive :). I'll blame the XCPM 3 things, either the upgrade from ML to Mavs, or my switching from chimera to clover, or a random 3570k glitch. If I get a chance I will try a fresh install. In you opinion is it worth worrying about?

Just realized I can no longer wake from sleep, so yeah its worth worrying.
I reverted to the clover state-generators and that will do for now.
What does the LPC@1F refer to ? That might have something to do with it, but I couldn't find any info on that.

What does the LPC@1F refer to ?
Clover doesn't do anything for Haswell PM
LPC is Low Pin Count, Google Intel LPC
PM requires AppleLPC to load.
Never attached an IOReg, don't know if it is working.

Hi, i followed your post, step by step, but it didn't work. my speedstep stuck at 16. Can you help me out.
i have 3770 ivy with asus p8zz7 v lk. patched bios v1001.
i have IOjone and installed intel power gadget. i didn't use appleintel.... because of PK.
In bootloader setting, it doesn't have power management like your so i don't know what to do with it ( leave as it is).
My chameleon has dropSSDT set.
Download pike's ssdtPRGen.sh then run in terminal with -w 3 as your "note 3".
rename ssdt.aml to SSDT.aml then put to extra folder. and reboot.
also attached some screenshots and my IOReg file. when i use "cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" " it returns nothing in terminal. search for XCPM in console also shows nothing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.26.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.26.25 PM.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.34.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.34.56 PM.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 111
  • imac 12.2.iojones
    1.9 MB · Views: 122
  • smbios.plist
    473 bytes · Views: 168
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist