Graphics
770gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok I posted earlier about 10.9 crashing and burning after installing mouse software.

I got it all back up and saved my configs.

Now, I boot up this morning and its doing the spinning wheel again. I decide to format and reinstall. This time multibeast wont even complete running without failing. I try six times then load app store to download mavericks again to make a new installer while also trying multibeast for a 7th time. Multibeast worked the 7th attempt, I was able to get all my settings up, or so I thought. I then load chameleon wizard to verify that no flags are present even though I set them in multibeast.

All my settings are the exact same way they were before, and I still get the spinning wheel.

So yeah, this isn't exactly stable enough to run my business on. Mountain Lion was perfect as was Mavericks up until 10.9.1

-v shows sound assertion applehdacodecgeneric at line 518 and just sits there. I disabled my on board audio and still nothing. Meh

Also Multibeast is taking an extremely long time to install the config.

The power went out 3 times, but im on battery backup, and during all that, this time I was able to get in to OSX without -x. I also unplugged my windows hard drives.

Getting closer to you know what, yall.:twisted:

ok I went back and installed the kexts for my audio and Ethernet.

Spinning wheel.

Disabled onboard audio, boots right in.

So all of a sudden my onboard audio doesn't work with OSX when it was working fine. Also, I already disabled it in the bios once and that didn't fix it earlier. So yeah, definitely :twisted:

Also new is if I use my case usb ports it instant freezes the machine, and the nic wont accept dhcp or use a static address.. And I didn't change anything. LOL

I installed another sound device, reboot, enabled the onboard again and it boot up all the way. Only thing left is the nic.

Was it ever working correctly?

If so, just reformat and start over.

Was it ever working correctly?

If so, just reformat and start over.
It was working heavenly! And has been since I started, this is the first time stuff has been weird.
I formatted about 6 times until it started working again.

Its painfully obvious that I lack the knowledge of the interworkings in OSX. I really need to understand the kext files so that I can just go in and rebuild the offending bugger next time.

I learned a lot this time! LOL

The nic issue was not osx related. One of my switches got zapped frozen. I'm back to 100%.

Spoke too soon, once I got internet back the onboard audio disappeared from sounds. And the computer freezes unless its disabled from the bios.

Make up your mind Mac! LOL

Now its freezing regardless of bios options. LOL Yeah, this works just as good as a real Mac alright. LOL

Back to mountain lion I go, for now.

Something is weird with 10.9.1 and the onboard audio.

Uninstalled the razer software and the computer will boot with the onboard sound enabled.

Installed sound drivers from multibeast with onboard audio enabled - no sound devices present in system prefs.

Its like the mac is saying 1+1=4 but sometimes it equals 5.

I mean I cant illustrate any better that this thing is a gigantic sham.:twisted:

On a whim I decided to set my bios to defaults and everything is back to normal.

:headbang:

(but I think this is stupid because I didn't change anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back