Contribute
Register

Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>Do you mean the ALXEthernet.kext? Because I want to know what you've >> edited Jessers123
In the beginning I switched my WiFi card from intel to AR9287. So i found IO80211Family.kext and after installation edited
IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist
adding string
<string>pci168c,2e</string>
Works great after restart.

The credits should go to:
THe KiNG Atheros Ar9285 - Project OS X Forums
Andy Vandijck Atheros AR9285 fix for Snow Leopard - Developers Corner - InsanelyMac Forum

On imesagges I'll work after finishing two day job I had to to, and inform you how was it:)

Thanks
jtheom

Successfully upgraded my Y580 from ML to Mavericks thanks to Jessers123 and RehabMan. Thank you for the hard work :clap:

The installation is very stable so far, but there are some issues as well. No big deal, though. The system is usable.

The problems are:

- Bluetooth kext provided in Jessers123 zip won't work since there are at least two different modules in different Y580 models. Mine is 20702A3. This problem was discussed in ML Y580 thread and there is another kext provided by StromKnight. This kext seems to enable bluetooth, but it won't detect my bluetooth mouse for some reason. (It worked well in ML 1.8.3, but not in 1.8.4) I'd like to perform more tests, though.

- iMessage won't work, but it never did. I never use it, so it's not an issue.

Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Best regards!

Thank you guys for all! I install Mavericks. Mavericks don't load from HDD, loads from USB flash. I install Chameleon to HDD, and he won't to load.
Intel 4000 HD - works
Ethernet - works
Sound - works
Bluetooth - doesn't work
USB ports - doesn't work
Wi-Fi - doesn't work

Thank you guys for all! I install Mavericks. Mavericks don't load from HDD, loads from USB flash. I install Chameleon to HDD, and he won't to load.
Intel 4000 HD - works
Ethernet - works
Sound - works
Bluetooth - doesn't work
USB ports - doesn't work
Wi-Fi - doesn't work

Boot with "-v" to troubleshoot.

Attachments

• 20131101_093458.jpg
    20131101_093458.jpg
    778.6 KB · Views: 162

Thank you very much for solution! :)
After install all kexts from "Lenovo Y580 10.9.zip" USB ports still not work, i wanna plug flash drive, usb mouse, etc... but i can't :(
And "brightnes fix" patch doesn't work too, i'm hold "Fn" key button then press up or down and nothings happends :(

UPD: Something strange... A brightness fix works, but on wrong buttons on "Fn+F6" (to up brightness) and "Fn+Insert" (to down brightness), very strange. But works :)
And i set brightness to maximum, screen not so bright than windows. White color not white, yellower color... I'm tried to switch between color profiles - not helped me :(

Solution: After awakening from sleep mode a screen's brightness and screen colors works good :)
UPD: Thank you RehabMan for blinkscreen solution, this cure automatically corrects a screen

Update: Today i've got this kernel panic problem, and i dont know how to fix that. Have a any ideas/solutions?
Solved: I reinstall Mavericks. Problem occurred in kext installation... I install to "/Extra/Extensions" and a gotta panic. After reinstall Mavericks, i install all Jessers123's kexts except "IOBluetoothFamily.kext" and "IOUSBFamily.kext" to the "/System/Library/Extensions" - works! And i install qqqwt's kexts for USB - works!

Thank you very much! All works great except Bluetooth+WiFi(i may buy it a card), Camera and GTX 660M (optimus not supported)

Attachments

• 20131102_220450.jpg
    20131102_220450.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 182
  • 20131102_213858.jpg
    20131102_213858.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 170
Thank you very much for solution! :)
After install all kexts from "Lenovo Y580 10.9.zip" USB ports still not work, i wanna plug flash drive, usb mouse, etc... but i can't :(
For support USB -> install kexts from this Zip-file.View attachment Kexts_for_USB_Y580.zip (it works for me). USB under charger input not work.

Somebody please help me with wifi. I installed mini pci-e wifi card Atheros AR5B95, then install IO80211Family.kext, but I can't connect to wifi with password (error: Connection failed). Wifi without password works. Please help me!

UPDATE 1:

I solved my problem with wifi with this post. http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I installed Windows first, then Mavericks. Almost successful. But after installing Chameleon laptop anyway boots into Windows. So I can boot into Mavericks only with usb connected.

Plus the same problems with Fn+F6 and Fn+Insert for brightness.

How to solve these problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back