Contribute
Register

Many success builds with a GA-B75M board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details are at the end of my $421 Simple PowerHac G5 link.
Here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/90351-421-simple-powerhac-g5.html#post666987

Thanks for the info. This will certainly be useful when we build our next hack, if still need a simple configuration.

I'm still pretty happy with mine, 10 months after starting in this new world.
I think I can keep it for few more years. (maybe I won't see Haswell, after all.)
But surelly, I'll take a B85M, if I need to build for a family member or a friend.

Here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/90351-421-simple-powerhac-g5.html#post666987

Thanks for the info. This will certainly be useful when we build our next hack, if still need a simple configuration.

I'm still pretty happy with mine, 10 months after starting in this new world.
I think I can keep it for few more years. (maybe I won't see Haswell, after all.)
But surelly, I'll take a B85M, if I need to build for a family member or a friend.

Thierry,

I agree. My B75M computer is my main machine, and there is absolutely no reason to move to a Haswell B85M board if you have a B75M running properly. You just don't get enough of a performance boost to justify the upgrade. And the B75M is going to run the next release of OS X very well indeed. :D If you're starting from scratch, however, the Haswell B85M will be a great choice for budget Hackintosh builds.

Tom

@DrTom

I have installed the GA-B75M-D3H board.
It works great except one problem. After a shutdown it is restarting again. I have to use the switch to turn it off.
Is that normal or is the board defect?

I've have built using GA-B75M specifically because it was in the recommended list. It works great! So good in fact that there was no reason to post anything. It went text book perfect. I installed to SSD from a fast thumb drive. From start to finish was about half an hour. Only one reboot after running Multibeast.

I used the recommended bluetooth dongle(with working sleep), used wired ethernet, and a ATI 5770. The video card worked natively, so had no issues at all. That may be why you don't see many builds, because it just works, and it's not a flash board so it doesn't turn heads. My only complaint is that I can't get the boot tmes under ten seconds because the bios wast at least six seconds, but the boot accelerating options in the bios cause KP's. It would not cross my mind to make a guide because it was so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back