Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello I am new to this forum, I am trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 in the dual screen iconia Laptop as a concept the hackintosh should work I am a designing architect and having something that is touchscreen and a laptop/mobile system in my field is a major Help (not to mention it very catchy in client interactions :D) I would have bought a MacBook but opted at the last second, this system suited better for my uses

Thus far I have successfully installed snow leopard 10.6.3 2 times BUT. The problem is that when I officially reboot it on it's own for the first time it gets stuck at "waiting for DSMOS" some times displays previous cause for shutdown after that nothing happens so I will have to erase the hard drive and reinstall. that brings me to the next big problems, the laptop does not have an optical drive so I am using the samsung external DVD writer se-so84d for some unexplainable reason when I put in the iboot boot disk it shows up as Apple_HFS and when booted like this it will display HFS SIGNATURE WAS NOT SIGNED. My specs are as flows

Acer Iconia 6120

Intel® Core™ i5-480M Processor 2.66GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.93GHz
4GB DDR3 Dual-Channel Memory
640GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Intel® HD Graphics
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Dolby® Advanced Audio® v3 Audio Enhancement
High Definition Audio Support
2 – USB 2.0 Ports & 1 – USB 3.0 Port
Multi-Touch Virtual Keyboard
Virtual Numeric Keypad
Virtual Touchpad
1.3 Megapixel HD Webcam (1280 x 1024 resolution)
4-Cell Lithium-Ion (3000 mAh)
6.18 lbs. | 2.8 kg. (system unit only)
Windows® 7 Home Premium

Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support.

No optical drive? Fuuuun.
So, First Question: How long are you waiting after the "waiting for DMOS" hang? I have had kexts hang for 15-20 minutes and then just blink back into reality.

Second: It doesn't boot when you try from the HDD, but does iBoot still work? What options did you check from MultiBeast? Are you using any boot flags?

Also, there is another dual screen/touch screen project thread around here somewhere. LOTS of posts. Should be on the first couple pages. It might have some useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back